Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our weekend with the Powell's

Scott and Jack

The Powell's and Jack
The Boys
Kinsey, Jack and Nichole
Mom and Jack
The Graham's
Sleeping thru dinner

It is so sad to say goodbye to good company. Kinsey and Scott came in town this past weekend and we had a great time! They got in late Friday night while Jack and I were sleeping. I got up and caught up with them while Jack continued sleeping. Around 1:00 Jack started stirring and we decided it would be ok to bring him down to meet his visitors. It was a huge treat for Jack because he got to stay up late. He didn't go back to bed until after 2:00 he was having so much fun. Everything worked out though because he slept until after 9:00am! Saturday morning Greg and Scott played golf and Kinsey and I took Jack to Birkdale shopping. We ate lunch at Brixx's Pizza and Jack drifted off for a short nap. This weekend it was gorgeous here! It was a tad bit chilly for the first time so we bought Jack some pants. They were actually shorts that were in a bigger size so he looked a little silly - but hey- it worked! That night we went to the club for dinner and Jack fell asleep again! He wanted to give us time to hang out and have a little adult conversation! :) After dinner Kinsey, Scott, and Greg went out for a night on the town. Kinsey was home early as the boys stayed out until wee hours of the morning. (Ok not that late but late!) They partied like rockstars! I am glad they had a great time. Sunday we were supposed to get up for breakfast but we all slept in until 10:00am including Jack! Kinsey and Scott should move in with us! Jack sleeps well with them here! (I left out that he did wake up from 3-5 but if I can sleep late I will take that any day!) We ended up going to brunch and then hanging around the house and being lazy. It was a perfect weekend. If you read Kinsey's blog she is terrified of cats and I definitely have to give her props because you would have never known it! She handled Andrew (our cat) very well! We already miss them and can't wait to see them next time! Thanks for coming Kinsey and Scott! We had a wonderful time!!!

5 comments:

kinsey said...

so fun to get home and see you had already posted!! we had such a blast with yall and absolutely LOVED getting to meet sweet jack. so thankful for yall's friendships... i'll get my post from the weekend up tonight or tomorrow. gonna work on it now! love yall!

the spicer blog said...

So I hate to do this over our blogs, but I am so glad I found you. Realize now that when we were playing phone tag you had some much bigger things going on! Congrats- he is adorable, your whole family is! What a great way to keep in touch!

Yelda said...

i can't wait to come visit soon, fingers crossed!

Yelda said...

I just looked at kinsey's blog and she has great pics of jack and his Huge smile!! he is adorable.

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Hi!
I am so glad you foung our blog!! Jack is ADORABLE!!! Congrats on your beautiful family...I am excited we can keep up with yall now :)