Friday, September 12, 2008

Ms. Joy and our weekend plans!





Can you believe how big Jack has gotten? He is still growing like a weed! I finally got a picture of Ms. Joy and Jack! Geez he loves her so much! If Mommy is in the room he would prefer to smile at Ms Joy! :( Honestly while it is hard to see that I really love that fact that we have been so blessed to have found such an amazing person. She is so great with him and he really does love her. It is so much easier to leave in the mornings knowing he is happy and excited to be around Ms. Joy vs dropping him off at daycare where I had mixed feelings. If you noticed the beautiful sweater in the picture then you noticed Ms. Joy's beautiful hobby! She is so sweet! She surprised us with an early Christmas present for Jack! I thought that was the sweetest thing! She is from Canada (where it gets COLD) and has been knitting her grandchildren sweaters for their trip home this year. Anyway- to my surprise she made one for Jack as well! She is so detailed she even used the colors from his room. I love it! I wish you could see it up close because the picture doesn't do it justice. It is such a wonderful quality. I told her she should sell them! She said she used to when she lived in Canada. She made them for dogs as well! :) Anyway- that was such a nice thing for her to do because I have seen her working on them and they really take some time! (Especially because she is such a perfectionist!) Joy's daughter Kelly (Who I will have to take a picture of later with her boys), is crafty as well. She is so sweet that she has offered to make Jack's baby food (yes I said make) when she makes her son Hogan's. She prefers to do it this way so there are not any preservatives. She is so organized she has already started the process and given me food to start freezing. It is made in little ice cubes and so convenient to just thaw out and serve. She has also included a 10 page write up on what foods to use and when and exactly what ingredients they consist of incase he gets a food allergy. How in the world did I get so lucky? We are so thankful for them. The picture above is of Ms Joy and Jack and the ones below are of Jack sitting in his bumbo chair like a big boy. (And big boy I must say as he looks like he has gained a ton!) When we went to the Doctor last week he weighed in at 17.5 pounds! Yes- he is big for his age! We are not over feeding him though. He just eats all of his bottle EVERY time. Well- I need to get going because I need to finish packing. We are taking Jack to the beach this weekend with our friends Meredith and Nathan and Carrie and Bryan. It should be an adventure so wish us luck! Love you!

4 comments:

Yelda said...

Nichole.. baby phat is honestly THE cutest natural thing left out there! I love Jack, OMG i want to just squeeze him!! have fun at the beach!

Erin said...

That sweater is fabulous! When I first saw it, I assumed it was from BabyGap or something. Very cute!

Have a great trip!

kinsey said...

so wish i was going to the beach...but this time NEXT week we will be on a plane headed to HOG jack ALL WEEKEND!!! i can't wait!

The Kennedy's said...

We make about 90% of Reece's food. It's organic and super easy and cheaper! :)