Saturday, September 6, 2008
Our Little Punkin has his first cold....
Poor little Jack.... He has a runny nose, low fever, and just can not get comfy... We were up basically all night. I don't mind because I know how hard it is to try and sleep with a stuffy or runny nose! I can't imagine being a sick little baby that doesn't know to breathe out of my mouth. I camped out in Jack's room with him on the floor last night and we were up almost all of the night. He wasn't happy in his crib because his head wasn't elevated and I think he wanted to be cuddled. I have called the doctor because fever scares me and we are going in for an appointment today at 9:15. The nurse told me not to give him tylenol unless his temp got to 102 but that sounds crazy to me?! She said fever is good for babies? Is this crazy advice? I hate taking his temperature to begin with and after getting all different readings with 3 different thermometers -under the arm, in the ear and in the rear- I would like to have an expert tell me what his temp actually reads. We took it under the arm and got 4 different reading, 2 different in the rear and I am told the lovely ear thermometer I bought for 50.00 is useless. (This has proved true as my temp is 96 with it and Greg's was 95 and 98.) So- While colds are common please say a prayer for us because they are not fun and again fever always scares me. I will update you all soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Bless little Jack's heart... I hope he is better soon..I'll say a little prayer...you know he is our new desktop picture. :) love you.
Poor thing...colds at that age are the worst. Saline drops and the nose sucker just aren't that effective! You might try having him sleep in the bouncer or car seat strapped in so that he can sleep easier. That worked sometimes with Finn. The nurse is right about the temperature. It's our body's defense against the virus or bacteria - it's trying to kill it. The only reason you treat is for comfort or safety. Once the temperature is at 104/105ish, it can be dangerous for baby. Hang in there...this too shall pass.
Poor Baby Jack. I'm so sorry! I can't imagine sticking a thermometer in the rear. I'm sure we'll have to do it at some point. No fun! We have an ear thermometer too and it sucks!! Always get a different reading. You have to hit it just right. Good luck. Let us know what the dr says.
Oh...that is the worst when your little one is sick! What did you find out at the doctor?
I know that fever fights away stuff, but I also believe in giving Tylenol! The Tylenol gives them some relief and comfort. But better do what your doctor says.
Bless your hearts. I hope Jack is so much better and that you were able to get some sleep.
Do you have photoshop on your computer? That's how I did it. I'm not sure how to do it without it.
love the new look!
Post a Comment