Monday, September 15, 2008

Myrtle Beach

I LOVE this SMILE!
Sara and Jack & Nichole and Grace/A few thought they were twins and she is 6 months he is 4
Mr. Jack Man Sleeping- yes on his tummy






My FAV sleeping pic! He looks so old!
Look at those eyebrows!






Well we are back into the swing of things after a fun filled beach weekend. Our trip went really well. We left Friday around 3:00 and arrived at the condo at 7:30. We only stopped once for gas as the rest of the trip was a lot of rush hour traffic. Jack was excellent! He didn't really fuss any and slept a few times. Once we got there Greg and I gave him a bath and he went right to sleep in his pack and play. Then we got to hang out with friends and catch up on everything. Saturday we got up and went shopping for Jack some swim wear (every place in Charlotte seemed to have already put their summer clothes up) and then we were off to the beach. Just as we arrived Jack decided he was sleepy so Mommy took him back upstairs for a nap. After about an hour Daddy came up from the beach to watch Jack while he napped. We switched off so we could both spend time down there with friends. When Jack woke up the 3 of us went to the pool and Jack even took a second nap down there. It was nice to relax and just hang out. That evening we met Sara, her husband Paul, and Grace out for dinner at Barefoot Landing. We had a great time there as well. The weather was perfect so we sat outside. Once we got home Jack went to sleep and we stayed up and visited with the other 2 couples there. (Meredith and Nathan and Carrie and Bryan) Sunday Jack got up around 5:00 am so he and I went on a walk until it was a decent hour for everyone else to get up. Then we got packed up and went to the outlet stores before heading back home. It was a quick trip but very much needed! We had a great time with family and friends. I will tell you though- packing for a baby is TOUGH! We took everything but the kitchen sink and I am so glad because we used just about everything! I got a cute picture or two of Jack smiling and a number of him sleeping. We also took some pictures tonight of Greg hitting golf balls and Jack and I on the hammock. Vacations make you tired though so now Greg and I are going to bed early and catching up on our sleep! :) We look forward to this weekend when Scott and Kinsey will be here to visit. We will take plenty pictures!

9 comments:

jess trent said...

I love that pic of Jack with his hiney up in the air when he is sleeping on his BELLY in his pack and play :) I am sure you are loving the additional zzzz's. Can't wait to hear the other details about your weekend - love you!

Yelda said...

The last pics with you 2 are soooo cute nichole. he is soooo cute, i love his little hands and feet, and his adorable baby phat! just Adorable!

kinsey said...

we are so excited to FINALLY meet jack and to see yall's "new life." i know i've said it before, but i am going to be a major baby HOG this weekend :-)

mjilliancooper said...

he is so precious- and you look fabulous! i look at jack and all i see is Spencer! haha- i want to squeeze his little cheeks! so cute!!

MLP said...

What a fun trip! Your little guy is just too cute. I love all of his precious expressions! You are both precious!!!

Catherine Chaumont said...

Don't you just love when they start sleeping on their stomach. No worries, though, Elise has been doing it for a long time now although it's a little scary at first. But, it is so adorable to see them with their butt in the air. Jack is precious! I love his facial expressions.

Poco Wilson said...

Jack is famous all over Facebook just so you know.. He is growingup so fast, and is by far the CUTEST kid EVER!!! I love bragging about him and showing him off to all my friends.. Looks like you guys had fun. Call me sometime you never called back after the McDonald 3 cheeseburger conv. haha love you

The Kennedy's said...

He made me laugh out loud! His face is so squeezable. Monty said - how he looks like the perfect combo of Nichole and Greg! I totally know the long weekend pack situation-- our Navigator can get filled so quickly - pack n' play, exersaucer, stuff, stuff,and more stuff!!And Reece love/loved tummy sleeping - now he's on his side.. all grown up! Oh... and make sure to let Kinsey take him and you go and do whatever - she's not a hog-- just like a 2nd mom! :) She's great!! :)

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

Looks like Jack had fun at the beach! I love his little swim trunks :) He's too cute, and the pictures of you both on the hammock are adorable!