Monday, August 18, 2008

Ms. Joy

Ok so we already quit Daycare... Yes- I hated it. It is not that this one was a bad place because they were great. I just don't like the concept for Jack. The ratio was 1 to 5 and they had about 8 kids and two teachers currently. They did a great job but no matter how hard you try some babies will be left to cry until someone else can get in the room to help out when more than 1 baby is feeding at a time. Now please understand I have NOTHING against Daycare but I would just prefer Jack to be a little older. So God answered my prayers and we found in home care! Ms Joy will be taking care of Jack. She started Monday and things went perfect. He slept 4 hours during the day unswaddled! This is HUGE. When I came home he was all smiles and definitely looked rested. Ms. Joy has 2 grandson's named Jack and Hogan. Jack is 16 months (I think) and Hogan is a few days younger than Jack. (Just much smaller since we have a giant!) One day they can be playmates... Jack loved Ms. Joy...He may decide to call her Nanna as that is what she is sometimes called. We will see... :) We are just in a much better place! We even have a back up on our street as well named Mrs. Michelle who has 3 kids with one Jack's age (Lilly) just incase Ms. Joy can't keep him one day. Ms. Joy had a prior commitment this Tuesday and Thursday so Jack will get to visit Mrs. Michelle and hang out with Lilly. We are so excited about everything and appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. I will get some pictures of him posted this weekend but we wanted to give you updates. Jack also has belly laughed for us a few times. It is so cute! I hope everyone is doing great! Love you!

7 comments:

kinsey said...

that sounds like a situation i would be more happy with too. we are a lot alike ;-) and we booked our flights to come see yall!! exactly one more month until i get to have jack in my arms. i can't wait. (neither can scott :-)

Padoodie's mom said...

I am so happy for ya'll. We are absolutely pleased with Jayce's at home care. It is just so much more personable and they get way more attention than daycare! Congrats on finding the perfect one.

MLP said...

I am so glad for you!!! I've been wondering how things were going. So thankful!!!

Yelda said...

that sounds like its perfect for you and jack, how did you find her?

Erin said...

Glad you find a good match for Mr. Jack...

Graham said...

Thank you all so much! We are so excited! He is doing so much better and getting his sleep! Kinsey- we can't wait to see you! Jack is excited he told me! :)

The Kennedy's said...

ugh... I am at day 2 of daycare.. and feeling the same way. Seriously, how did you find her?? Even Reece, who is super adaptable, is not sleeping. And with 9 babies and 2 teachers I worry....