Well- first I want everyone to know I appreciate your prayers... I signed Jack up for a new daycare...It is a chain but I really like it for a few reasons... First of all the staff was extremely friendly... They are very loving and willing to work with me on whatever it takes to get Jack his sleep. Awesome! I also like the location- it is less than half a mile from my office. Jack would be in there with 6 other babies all around his age. I just really got a great feeling about it. It is smaller but seemed right for him. I also really clicked with the Director. I was chatting with her about why I was feeling uneasy about his other option and I mentioned that they won't swaddle, never turn the lights off, and I didn't get a good vibe from the other Director. Then I mentioned the name and she immediately knew who I was talking about because she had in fact worked there before and left because of the Director. She said she is very unfriendly and caused 6 staff members to leave recently. SEE it wasn't just me! I knew my gut was right! When I called them to cancel Jack's enrollment and ask if I could get any money back she said "No" and tried to hang up... Wouldn't most Directors ask out of concern why you changed your mind? I know I would! I would try to gain their business... Anyway- I feel much better... Now the sleep zombie part...I start work on Thursday and I might return a sleep zombie... Jack woke up 11 yes 11 this is not a typo times last night and would not put himself back to sleep. I think I got 2 hours of sleep. Ugh! So please- continue to keep our little family in your prayers.. We are obviously "Rookie" parents but doing the best we can! :)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I just recently came across your blog and I love it. Your little guy is SOOOO cute!
I will be praying for you during this tough transitional time. I know it is so hard.
Nichole, you should for sure, if you have time and engergy send a complaint to the better business bureau about that daycare, I know that sending a complaint takes time, but this is a daycare and this is people's kids they are responsible, and if they are that unfriendly god only knows how they treat other famlies. I am glad you found a place that you feel good about, I am thinking of you guys! love yelda
https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx
Hope your day went well today. I thought about ya'll.
Okay - so Monday is our day... Monty is going to take him so that will make my day not start out SO badly.. say a prayer for us!
I got a account just so I can write on your Blog and comment on how much I LOVEEEEE my nephew.. He is sooo HANDSOME and I miss you guys so much.. If I move to North Carolina can I not work and just be yalls nanny?? I'm reallly good with babies!!
Post a Comment