Well- Today is Monday and I go back to work on Thursday... So sad! I am going to really miss Jack. Please say a prayer for our family. I don't want to go back to work yet and Jack doesn't want me to either. He has been sleeping so well at night and just this past weekend he decided he was going to start waking up every 3 hours again. This is to ensure Mommy doesn't get any sleep so she can't go to work I am sure. :) HOWEVER I did a little research and I think we have been putting him to bed too late. I found out that even though we thought the later you make the bedtime the later they will sleep- it is actually the earlier the bedtime the later they will sleep. (Supposedly) Anyway- We tried it last night and Jack got 10 hours of sleep! WHOA! This is so HUGE for him! I am not saying this will happen every time but as much as I don't want to do it especially bc when I am working I will spend maybe 1 hour a day with him- I think his sleep is more important so I will follow the rules...even though it breaks my heart. We are going today to look at another Daycare...This one will swaddle so I am leaning towards it because my baby needs his naps! I also found out babies at this age still need 14-16 hours of sleep and Jack is lucky to get 9-10! SO we will be having earlier bedtimes and looking at a daycare that will swaddle. I love my husband dearly and even though I complain about this one reason why I love him is because he is such a "penny pincher"... But even he said if it makes me happy to put him at another daycare we can lose the 300.00 we have paid at the current one.. So today I will let Jack decide if he fits in... :) The current daycare never turns the lights off and I just don't know how I feel about that either.. Anyway- This weekend we just really all hung out.. We went for walks, to the mall, and Saturday night we went to the club for dinner. Jack was great. He wasn't even asleep the whole time and just watched us eat. Sunday we all went to visit some friends that just had a new baby. She is so cute! 7 pounds and 12 ounces- it was already hard to believe Jack was that small 12 weeks ago! Jack enjoyed meeting her as well as their dogs... Jack and I also went to Birkdale again on Sunday to hang out with my friend Sara and her baby Grace. Here are some pictures of Jack... If you haven't looked at my post below though don't miss it because it is so cute. :)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Going Back to Work
Well- Today is Monday and I go back to work on Thursday... So sad! I am going to really miss Jack. Please say a prayer for our family. I don't want to go back to work yet and Jack doesn't want me to either. He has been sleeping so well at night and just this past weekend he decided he was going to start waking up every 3 hours again. This is to ensure Mommy doesn't get any sleep so she can't go to work I am sure. :) HOWEVER I did a little research and I think we have been putting him to bed too late. I found out that even though we thought the later you make the bedtime the later they will sleep- it is actually the earlier the bedtime the later they will sleep. (Supposedly) Anyway- We tried it last night and Jack got 10 hours of sleep! WHOA! This is so HUGE for him! I am not saying this will happen every time but as much as I don't want to do it especially bc when I am working I will spend maybe 1 hour a day with him- I think his sleep is more important so I will follow the rules...even though it breaks my heart. We are going today to look at another Daycare...This one will swaddle so I am leaning towards it because my baby needs his naps! I also found out babies at this age still need 14-16 hours of sleep and Jack is lucky to get 9-10! SO we will be having earlier bedtimes and looking at a daycare that will swaddle. I love my husband dearly and even though I complain about this one reason why I love him is because he is such a "penny pincher"... But even he said if it makes me happy to put him at another daycare we can lose the 300.00 we have paid at the current one.. So today I will let Jack decide if he fits in... :) The current daycare never turns the lights off and I just don't know how I feel about that either.. Anyway- This weekend we just really all hung out.. We went for walks, to the mall, and Saturday night we went to the club for dinner. Jack was great. He wasn't even asleep the whole time and just watched us eat. Sunday we all went to visit some friends that just had a new baby. She is so cute! 7 pounds and 12 ounces- it was already hard to believe Jack was that small 12 weeks ago! Jack enjoyed meeting her as well as their dogs... Jack and I also went to Birkdale again on Sunday to hang out with my friend Sara and her baby Grace. Here are some pictures of Jack... If you haven't looked at my post below though don't miss it because it is so cute. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
he's such a big boy! love him. good luck going back to work. i will definitely say a prayer for you!
You will definitly be in my thoughts going back to work. I am already dreading it and I haven't even had our baby yet. You look great and jack is precious....
You do look great!! Glad you are enjoying your last few days of maternity leave. Things will be fine, and it will be good that you will have a short week of work before getting a weekend with Jack.
Finn has always gone to bed at 8pm and sleeps pretty regularly until about 6:30am. It is hard when you get home later and your time is short, but they need it. You are doing the right thing. You will find ways to compensate.
Good luck with the daycare decision! It is much easier going to work when you feel good about where your baby is. Plus, it is ok to call and check on him!! Everyone does it and the workers will be used to it.
Nichole, the pic of you and Jack...YOU LOOK AMAZING! I need that pic so I can put it up in my house... send me the pic or a link please. Love you and I am thinking about you, Greg, Andrew and Jack man this week....if you need me...Call.
Jack is getting so big! I will keep you in my prayers. I know how hard it is to have to leave to go to work and leave the baby, but all will be okay! Good luck!
So glad you found a better spot for your little sugar. Jack will be so happy! I am also so glad that he slept so well last night. I am so jealous! Thinking of you - give me a buzz when you get a chance :)
Jack is getting so big! I can't wait to see him myself in a few weeks...I am counting down. :) I am excited to see you and Greg too but I will seriously have to do something about that OU outfit!
I love the pic of you and Jack! Nichole you are beautiful as always, and Jack is so adorable! Please post more pics of you and him together they are precious! love yelda and hope everything goes smoothly when your back at work!
He is soooo cute.. growing up so fast. can't wait to see baby Jack again soon.. Love you guys!
Post a Comment