Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jack Updates

Waiting Room at Doctor-Check out my feet! :)
Hanging out on the table
Close up of him hanging out on the table
Sleeping in the bouncy seat
Loving his Bouncy Seat
I have a few updates for you about Jack... Last week he had his 2 month appt. We found out he weighs almost 14 pounds and has grown 2 1/2 inches!!!! His little head has now moved into the 50 percentile while his length and weight are in the 90th percentile now. He is growing so fast!!! This appt is the one where they receive their shots. He woke up that morning and from the second he got up he could not stop smiling at me. I felt so guilty! He smiled on the changing table. He smiled all morning. He smiled when I put him in his car seat. He just hung out on the way to the Doctor simply looking out the window without falling asleep and without crying. Then at the Doctor's office he just hung out while we waited and smiled and the Doctor and nurse. My heart was breaking!!! When it came time to give him his shots he was just hanging out on the table. I almost died because he looked up at me and smiled right before the nurse put the first needle in his little thigh. Then came a cry I have never in my life heard. He sounded so incredibly sad and just looked at me like he was being punished for being so happy. Then she stuck him 2 more times and the bottom lip came out so big! He was whimpering the whole way out and he had my neck and hair with such a tight grip as he cried. It was the saddest thing! Greg will be going next time! I couldn't handle it! I am one who already runs out when they try to give me shots! I was just dying. Then I hated having to strap him in the car seat when he didn't want to let go and take him home. Poor baby! Anyway- I took a picture of him on the table waiting and one in the waiting room. He had been smiling HUGE but of course when I pull out the camera he just stares at it like "What is this thing in my face? I want to smile at Mommy!" Too cute. Jack has also slept through the night twice. Both times he slept 8 hours long... Not consecutive nights but we are still proud. We made a family outing to Babies R US on Sunday and bought him a bouncy seat. He doesn't have long before he out grows it but for now this is his favorite toy! He will even go to sleep in it! Where was this during my past 10 weeks of maternity leave? Oh I know- it was at the store and meanwhile I was trying to force him to love the lovely swings he has in every color! :) I guess he knows he already will eventually get his way! He definitely prefers the bouncing motion vs the swinging. I took a few pictures of him in it. I will warn you he looks like a "Chunky Monkey". I will admit he has meat on his bones but these pictures make him look way bigger! They are precious so I had to post them. He is semi smiling. One day I hope to get the Huge Open Mouth Smile he likes to flash. Anyway- I am about to go wake him up from his nap. I will update more later!

7 comments:

The Bass Family said...

Nichole,
The close up of Jack he looks just like you! He is presh! I know that it must be so hard to hear him cry when he is getting that little shot. I am so glad to hear that he is sleeping through the night. I love you!

Yelda said...

Nichole. he is not a chunky monkey he is a DOLL! he is so cute! and adorable, i want to just squeeze his cheeks, baby phat is so healthy and darn cute! love ya yelda

Erin said...

He is a cutie!! We used to say the same thing about Finn - granted he is still a big kid, but I definitely remember his "chunky monkey" phase. He was also a bouncy seat baby. I have always heard that they are one or the other. He rarely slept in it for me, but for the first several days at daycase, he took all of his naps in it before getting comfortable with the crib.

And poor thing, I am sorry that you went to get shots alone! I couldn't even watch during his 2-month shots. I was simply the rescuer from Daddy! :-) It does get better as they get older in that they recover more quickly. The first time they really do look at you like you have betrayed them. Poor little guy - he slept almost the whole day after those first shots right beside me on the couch...memories!!

mjilliancooper said...

you have a BEAUTIFUL son Nichole!!! i love reading your stories...the doctor's office however doesn't seem to pleasant... he's adorable though!!

sbharris said...

nichole. I love reading your posts and seeing sweet pictures of Jack! He is way too cute and sweet! Sounds like you are doing a great job. I hope you are keeping good notes :)

Erin said...

Random question: I have a friend who lives in NJ and is having a shower in Austin. How was your "ship and shower" set-up? I suppose the information was given on the invite? You can e-mail me at kaleanderin@verizon.net if you like.

Aaron, Lacey, Audrey and Elle said...

Wow, Jack is getting bigger so quickly and he's still just so adorable! I can't imagine watching your baby hurt like that, I'm sure I'll cry my eyes out too. When they took Audrey from me in the hospital to take her to the nursery for her heal prick, then brought her back with that little bandaid I cried so much then. How dare they hurt my baby and make her cry!!! I hope we get tougher! ;)