Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Greg's accident
Easter Day Hunt at Northstone-Jack stopping to open each egg.
Jack
Hunting
Duplicate- don't know who to delete
Hunting
Nah- I don't need to touch him Daddy!Claire in her Easter Dress



Hunt at the Plantation- Jack and Lily


More of Jack and Lily



The finished eggs
Claire Easter Eve


Dying Eggs


In Lily's outfit. Such a pretty boy :)

Jack and Lily! Grrrr....I am tough!
Jack, Lily and Madison

Easter Weekend was busy for us! Friday night we hung out with the Wissman's. My friend Michele has a little girl Jack's age and Jack and Lily hang out like brother and sister. It is a love/hate relationship and so fun to watch. Lily has 2 older sisters which Jack loves as well. Their names are Emma and Madison. Jack looks up to them so much. We ordered pizza and let the kids run wild. They had tons of fun and even took pictures on a neighbor's motorcycle. That night Jack took a bath at Lily's so I had to post the pic in Lil's PJ's.. Daddy was not happy out the Mermaid outfit but I was thankful not to have to bathe him once we got home. :) The next morning I changed his shirt for picture purposes and we colored Easter eggs. He had a great time. That day I took Jack and Lily to an Easter Egg hunt while sweet Michele watched Claire. They had the greatest time. It was on a plantation so they also got to pet the animals. Neither one wanted the Easter Bunny to hold them but they both enjoyed seeing him from a far. I started out on the adventure alone but Greg met us up there and we enjoyed hanging out. Everyone thought I had twins which I had no problem with as Lily is a doll! :) The next day was Easter and in the afternoon we attended our clubs hunt. It was in the 80's and extremely hot. Jack did good and by this time had figured out that the eggs have "prizes" inside so he didn't collect as many eggs as he wanted to stop and open each one. He still was ok with the bunny as long as it was not touching him. The second the bunny walked away Jack ran after him to tell him all about his eggs. He dumped them out and showed each one to the bunny explaining what was inside saying Thank you. Too cute. We had a great weekend!
****You may be wondering what the shattered glass from the oven picture is posted for?*****
My lovely husband has a hard time waking up on a moments notice without falling down. Random I know? He has been this way as long as I have known him. Claire was asleep downstairs with Greg and he woke up quickly and jumped out of bed to get her a bottle. From upstairs I heard the loudest BANG (It is a wonder Jack didn't wake up ). Greg had gotten up too fast and then fallen into the oven when he went to make Claire's bottle. He is not hurt but glass was everywhere. It took me an hour to get it all cleaned up. I never knew what an oven looked like under the glass so just in case you were wondering I can now share this picture with you. :) The next day we went to shop for new appliances as I had been wanting to put stainless in anyway. I told the sales guy I wanted a new washer and dryer also and he said he would throw that estimate into the package but I explained that we needed Greg to break my current one first. :) Hope you smiled! Have a great day!














4 comments:

Erin said...

Love the egg story...Finn was the same way last year, but this year he figured out that he should grab more and check them out later. They grow up too fast!! ;-)

kinsey said...

oh greg. that is hilarious! i think i can kind of picture him swaggering around after getting off of scott's couch a few times ;-)

the kids are BEYOND precious! when are yall coming to texas?!?!

The Cooksey's said...

Greg's accident makes me laugh...at least now you can get new appliances without hearing him complain about prices! :) And the kids are just so cute...really wish you weren't so far away.

The Bass Family said...

Nichole...Jack is you. He looks JUST LIKE YOU! I LOVE it!! Loved seeing the pictures of the kids during Easter..just think..next year, you'll have two babies hunting eggs!! Love you!