Thursday, March 4, 2010

WOW

Wow- Where has the time gone? We have been so busy around here I have not had much time to even stop and brush my teeth! (Don't worry I haved made time but I almost forget!) My work has been crazy and I needed to start back part time when Claire was only 2 weeks old. Yes- you read that right. I am trying to balance that, going in to the office to check on my team each day, and having a newborn (only 4 1/2 weeka old) and a 22 month old. Wow to say the least! To update you on their progress- Claire thus far is a REALLY good baby. She only cries when she is hungry or needs to be changed except a few times when you can tell her tummy hurts. That we are trying to work out. I feel like a terrible mom to her because with Jack on every little thing I called the docotr or took him in. Now I don't have time and just realized it has been way too long for her stool to look like it does and the poor baby probably needs a formula change. We go to the doctor today so I will let you know. If she is having issues she is such a a good baby considering she has been in pain and I have not hardly noticed. I feel like she has a form of reflux but NOTHING compared to Jack's. Claire sleeps 3 and 4 hours at a time. She has her nights figured out and settles back to sleep pretty quickly after a feeding. Bless her heart because somehow she manages to sleep in between big brother screaming, crying, or trying to hug her with all his might. He also still tries to give her all his toys and he likes to move her arms around to dance. (which I must say he gets a little agressive with.) It is really fun holding her when she is drinking a bottle with one hand and balancing it with my mouth bc the other hand is holding my son down in time out for just about everything. He enjoys running up the stairs when I am downstairs with Claire and running from me when I need to get him dressed. How I thought any of this was hard when he was the only one is beyond me because now the tough part is making sure she is not harmed while getting him dressed. (No- I can't just place her in the crib as he climbs up and No- I can't just shut the door as he can open them. ) He also likes to feed her food and water from his sippy. All of which I try explaining that she does not have teeth or a need for water yet but he his poor little mind doesn't understand yet. Oh and WOW are we obsessed with Thomas the train and all his buddies! I am about to get rid of Thomas. Jack loves riding him on the furniture (this calls for time out) he also gets upset with Thomas and throws him when he won't do something. Jack can name and recognize Thomas, Percy, Gordon, Edward, Henry, Salty, Toby and many more of which I can't believe I know as well. He tries to sleep with Thomas and Toby both of which are very hard trains. He is talking like crazy and probably has a vocabulary of 500 plus words. I am not kidding either. I went to write them down and decided to stop. He even says ridiculous..He loves telling me to "Put the baby down Mommy!" BUT he also loves asking" Sister kiss night night!" He says so many cute things I am mad I don't have time to write them down but they all melt my heart. His favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle little star and he also loves " Away in a Manger". He can sing them both as well. He can count to 14 and say his ABC's he also knows all his colors and most shapes. He can recognize the numbers 1-6 and point them out to you and he can also recognize the number 8. He says his name is Jack Graham and he can spell Jack (A-C-K) He forgets the J. :) I may have said all this before in previous posts so forgive me. I have no idea what I have or haven't said and don't have time to go back and check! LOL He was sleeping until 7:00 for a week or 2 but now he is back to his good old routine of waking up by 5:30 or 6:00. Baby sister loves to sleep until 10:00 (with feedings in between of course) so she gets irritated with the noise. Greg and I start our bedtime routine early and usually wrap up after cleaning and getting the house picked up and bottles done 3 hours later. Whew! Again all I can say is WOW. WOW in such a good way though because I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I hope to post pics and updates on Claires appt later! XOXOXO

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, it right! I can't believe you are back at work. Hope you are making time for you... Looking forward to pictures.

Gambi said...

Sounds like you have been busy but be sure and stop to enjoy all the little things...they grow up way too soon! I know you and Greg are doing a wonderful job. Guess you aren't interested in having two more? (haha) Hopefully I will get up there sometime before long...I can't wait to love on BOTH my grandbabies! Send pictures soon! Much love

Yelda said...

Yes wow is right! You r amazing! Great job supermom and to greg too! Enjoy your little ones!

jess trent said...

Hugs honey! Love you -