Monday, March 22, 2010

Graham Family Happenings

Just to catch you all up briefly- We had a great weekend this past week. Saturday we went to an Easter Egg hunt and Jack had a blast! He got to hang out with his BFF Grace and between the 2 of them they probably picked up 20 eggs. He was running after them and saying " Look Grace a BLUE one." "Look a PINK one." That continued until he noticed the BIG slide and then the hunt was over! :) My little boy is growing up so quickly! He had the best time with Grace and I wish my camera was not dead! They were sliding together on the big wide slide holding hands and laughing. He really loves Grace which is fun because I love getting together with her parents as well. Grace was really afraid of the Easter Bunny so Jack was timid as well but I am not sure if he would have been had he not seen her cry. (I'll let you know bc we have several hunts still planned this year.) Little Claire slept the entire time. She is a great baby and loves to be on the go. She was all dressed up with her bow Aunt Poco gave her. I wish I had pics but will take some this weekend. The weather was awesome almost 80 degrees! It reminded me that summer is not far away! After the hunt we went home and Jack had a nap while I spent some QT with Claire and daddy hit golf balls. Then we all loaded up and went to Birkdale to enjoy the weather. Claire slept the entire time again and Jack enjoyed being outside. Dinner time did remind me why we don't take Jack out very often! LOL He doesn't like to sit still long at all! He is working on his manners and this weekend when I asked to hold him he said " No thank you Mommy! " It was too funny. Sunday we met a friend of mine for lunch as a family (after a short trip to the urgent care) and Claire slept once again. :) We went to the urgent care only bc I didn't want to miss work by going on Monday and wanted to make sure the congestion Claire had was ok in her lungs. She is feeling fine but had a little rattle. All is well though so no worries. Big brother has been sick so I had to double check. Anyway- back at work this week (last week was my first full time week) - Claire is officially 7 weeks old. Both are doing great. Jack has been very jealous. On one hand he is very good with Claire and always kissing her and holding and loving on her. He loves to tell her what he is doing and show her all his toys. He will say " Sister look watch Barney sister! Sing sister Twinkle Twinkle Sister". On the other hand he is not enjoying splitting his time with her at all. I try very hard to focus more on him since he is older and can remember- but there are times I HAVE to hold her and if she is crying and I go to get her- he falls on the floor grabs my leg and says "But Mommy Jack is crying!" He throws big temper fits when I have her. He tells me to "Put Claire Bear down Mommy." He will take my hand and say "Come this way." and lead me away from her. I almost feel like it would have been better to have then closer together so he didn't remember being alone or further apart so he is older and understands why I need to help her and is excited. Does anyone with kids 21 or 22 months apart have any suggestions? At times it is heart breaking! I think with having both parents work he really feels like he has zero time with us now which is hard on me. This past weekend he was acting tons better than during the week bc he had more of our attention. I hate how now he sees us in the mornings when we are rushing him and at night when it is time to go to bed and he splits his time with a sibling. Then I feel guilty about Claire too bc Jack was one on one with us every day and now she just has to take what time she can get. I know people have been having babies for years but this is still important to me and I want advice! Thanks!

2 comments:

kinsey said...

aw, i know you and greg are doing a fabulous job with BOTH babies!! but i will keep you in our prayers, and look forward to seeing what advice people give you. not to be mean, but him holding on to you saying "jack crying!" is kind of funny ;-) but i know not when he's really hurting! just because he's smart to say that! miss yall!

McCall said...

my boys are 24 months apart. I completely know what you are saying. Having a second child is wonderful but it's hard b/c your heart wants to give 100% to both of them at the same time. I think you are doing the right thing; holding Claire at times too. Jack definitely needs a lot of quality time but he needs to learn that he's not the center of the family. Having a sister will teach him so many life lessons that we all had to learn at some point...patience, sharing, etc. He'll be fine...Hudson still loves us after having to deal with having a little brother. Now, they are best friends and won't do anything without the other. Hang in there...he knows you love him and that's all that matters.