Saturday, March 6, 2010

Claire's appt and updated pics


After he put her paci in- feeling pretty proud...


Jack putting Claire's paci back in....



Reading before bedtime... Jack was so excited!



Sleeping Beauty


Big Yawn! So sweet!

Deep thoughts by Claire Graham....
Uh huh.....

Aunt Sarah gave Claire this sweet shirt!

I love this face!!!! She does this with her lips often.


Jack and Grace




We went to a new doctor on Thursday and my luck the second I check in the fire alarm goes off. Yes- everyone in the building had to exit and wait outside in the cold as it was a real warning. Awesome! I told the nurse I would be in my car since I had a 4 week old and Claire and I waited for 30 minutes or so until we were called. The Dr said she looked great. She was 21 inches and weighed 9 pounds. They did not give her her immunizations as my previous Dr.'s office was going to do. This office said they don't give them anything until they are 2 months old. (not sure why or if that is normal) I asked him about changing her formula because since the day she was born she has had mucus in her stool and sometimes blood. When I have googled online I have found that this is normal for breastfed babies but nothing on babies with formula. I have decided to be semi-graphic on this post in order to solicit advice. So when I googled everything I found also mentioned green mucus - well hers is yellow the color of her stool. Her stool is also still very loose and with most formula babies it hardens by now. When she has a bowel movement it sounds like a jet engine it is so liquidy. Anyway- sorry for the details but again looking for advice. The Dr. said the mucus was not normal and the blood could be from torn fissures but he was not concerned yet and not to change formula since she is gaining weight and doesn't seem to be spitting up. I had brought in the diapers as my previous office would normally run tests on the stool and he didn't even want to see them. He said when I come back in 4 weeks if it is still an issue they would check it then. Is he too laid back? I mean- there is mucus in EVERY diaper with a bowel movement and there has been since we got home from the hospital 4 weeks ago. I need mom advice now. I found that with breastfed babies it could be a reaction to the dairy and most suggested to stop eating dairy. Do any of you think we should try changing formulas? I may try Similac Allimentum as it is for food allergies and colic (she does not have colic as she rarely cries)- however it could be a food allergy and this formula is pre diested and compared to Nutrimigen. (I don't have time to look up the spelling.) I hate to swich if there is no need as it is $10.00 a bottle and she already drinks a bottle a day. However- I don't want her to be suffering either. She dosn't seem to be in pan at al except a few times day when she is eating which could be her tummy. Please let me know your opinions. It just doesn't seem normal to me. Her old doctor even said that was not normal but to keep an eye on it. I may take her back there and see. Anyway- let me know your thoughts if you can. She is growing and her older brother can't wait for her to be big enough to play! He itches to hold her and move her arms to dance every day!

7 comments:

Yelda said...

she is beautiful just like her mommy. I hope that she is ok, and you get a peace of mind knowing she will be. kisses to you all! love yelda

The Zipser Family said...

She is beautiful! I love the legwarmers too!! She is so precious and Jack looks so sweet too. Looking forward to meeting her soon. I love ya'll. PS if you need the nutramagin, let me know and I will mail it to you, I have like 6 sample cases.

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

I LOVE the new pics! Jack is such a cute big brother! And while I do not have any specific advice, I will say to trust your mommy instincts and if you don't feel that this doctor is a "fit" with you, change again! You know best! Hope the situation works out quickly! :)

The Bass Family said...

love her Nichole!! Your babies are precious!! Can't wait to hold her!

jess trent said...

I asked my mom and she suggested waiting it out as well. (As long as she is growing and developing well - which it sounds like she is??) Just her take on it :)
Hugs honey!
jt

MLP said...

AHHHHHHHH!!! Congratulations! Just got caught up on your blog. Claire is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Your family of four is perfect! So happy for ya'll!

Wish I had some advice to give you. Trust your instict.

The Bass Family said...

you know I will change out your header whenever! I only have two more weeks at home...so..just send me some new pics that you want me to use, and tell me what you want it to say! I love you and kiss those babies for me!! xoxox