Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jack's 6 month appointment





Jack had his 6 month appointment on Friday. Time really goes by quickly! He is 29 inches which is in the 97th percentile and weighs 21 pounds and 10 ounces which is also the 97th percentile. His head is 46 cm which puts him in the 95-97 percentile in this category. Overall the Dr. said he is equally proportionate and growing perfectly. :) This appointment was a little different than the rest- we had to fill out a questionnaire and the doctor performed some tests on him. (Simple tests like watching him sit up and grab objects.) She said he is tracking on the level of a 9 month old for skill development. Of course we loved that. :) It must be all the kisses he gets! He is the size currently of a 10 month old. She actually said she was very surprised at how mobile he is to be so big. She said most babies his size do a lot more laying around. LOL not Jack! He loves the paper at the Dr.'s office. He always goes crazy. I think we had to roll the paper out 4-5 times because it was in pieces. He had to have 4 shots which is always so sad to watch. I hated every minute of it and he did too. Luckily he didn't feel too bad afterwards. We gave him Tylenol and a bottle which always seems to help. I had to go to work after the appointment and I felt so guilty leaving him. I am not sure if I updated on this but he had a top tooth come through. He had been way off schedule with sleeping the week before last and finally early last week- we knew why. Now he is working on the other top tooth. It looks painful but the teeth are so cute! As far as other interesting facts- he is really into laughing right now. It seems like he even does a fake laugh. He will mimic me over and over. When you tickle him you get a good laugh but he definitely fake laughs to hear his own voice. He screams with excitement and he loves it when you put your hand on his mouth and move it back and forth like an Indian while he makes sound. He even tries to do it himself which is cute. He can stand for a few seconds while holding onto the couch but ONLY for a few seconds. He still loves his bouncy seat and gets excited every time he gets in it. He is so much fun. I get sad every time I leave him. Anyway- I guess that is all for now. I am posting pictures from this past week. One is when he fell asleep at the mall in Greg's arms and the others are around the house. Please excuse the messy room!!!! We will post more later! P.S. Thank you for all your sweet comments on Andrew. We have had a rough time but we have made it and it means a lot that all of you have been so sweet!

4 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

He is so precious...I LOVE that big smile!!!!

MLP said...

What an AWESOME check-up. Your little man is going to bring you so much fun...you can just see it in his cute grin!!!

Erin said...

Oh my - I can't believe he is already 6 months old! Time flies by so quickly. He is a cutie, and I am happy that the check-up went well.

kinsey said...

LOVE HIM!!!! i wish we could see yall over christmas...are you SURE you don't want to come to texas???