Somehow I thought I had his eyes!

Claire Bear
Watching the trash toss




1st Capri Sun! Loved it
Claire in her party dress :)







So happy to blow it out!



Jack and Claire during a breathing treatment
Such a sweet big brother
Awe! I didn't tell him to do this!
I love my exersaucer!
Jack turned 2 this past Friday. For some reason if you ask him his age he will tell you his is 31? Random and no- I have no idea why. Finally today he told me he was 2. We had a Sesame Street theme and we even had a special visit from Elmo. Jack had the time of his life. I decorated Elmo cupcakes and when he went down for his nap we decorated the house before his party. The funniest part was that I had explained to Jack that Elmo was coming to his party. When he woke up he saw one of his Elmos sitting on the mantle downstairs and from the top of the stairs he starting having a conversation with Elmo. He said, "Hi Elmo! Thank you for coming to my birthday. I am happy to see you." I was laughing and told him a big Elmo was coming. I think from far away he thought that may have been the real Elmo. It was the funniest thing! Then he walked down the stairs and saw all the decorations and said, " ELMOS WORLD MOM!"...He saw the "Pin the Nose on Elmo" and said "COOL MOM!"... I had a coloring station set up with Elmo for the kids to play at. He enjoyed coloring with new crayons and I had copied pictures of the Sesame Street crew. We had about 9 kids and the ages ranged from 1-8 so I wanted everyone to have a good time. We also played TOSS THE TRASH. Which was Oscar on my trash can where we tossed baby food cans in the backyard into the trash. Everyone got gummy worms for trying. (Since Oscars worm is named Slimey.) The winners received OSCAR magic grow washcloths. That game was a big hit with the boys. Jack enjoyed walking right up and putting them in. We also played the PIN THE NOSE ON ELMO mentioned above. We gave out flower pots and seeds to all who attempted since Elmo is so cheery! Cheesey I know! The winner got a bouncy ball. I had a tub filled with rubber ducks (kind of like bobbing for apples) that they got to pick ducks out and we read the bottom for their prize. I thought it was a good game for the little kids but the big kids enjoyed it too. We had a vase filled with cookies and a picture of Cookie Monster next to it and let everyone guess at how many cookies were in the vase. The winner got to keep the cookies. The weather cooperated and we grilled hotdogs, played in the spinkler, played with sidewalk chalk, and had fun with bubbles. I think everyone had a great time and when Elmo made his appearance (Greg wore the costume I ordered from China) Jack was so excited! I brought him in to meet Elmo without anyone around first bc I was worried when he saw the other kids cry he may react the same. He did that with the Easter bunny this year and I don't think normally he would have been afraid. My plan worked perfectly bc he was so happy and hugged Elmo. He kept trying to give Elmo rubber ducks and when a few of the girls were scared Jack wasn't bothered at all. Elmo even held Claire! It was so funny! You couldn't even see her! She had on her cute little party dress and was so sweet. Jack also loved wearing his party hat and loved blowing the party blowers. He was in heaven with his 2nd cupcake ever and is really into having people sing "Happy Birthday" to him. He loved it! When he opened his presents he was so good and let me read every card first and he also said thank you after every gift. I was so proud! He definitely said "NO SIR" to his friend Jacob when he tried to help him open a gift and he stuck his arm out and said "NO MAM" to his friend Faith when she wanted to play with his new toy. I told him we had to share but it was funny. He played and played and didn't want the day to end. He was a very good little boy and Claire was a good little girl too! She only had a meltdown during the gift openeing and that was because she was so tired and couldn't sleep with all the people and doors opening and closing. She went to sleep quickly though and then was content. Ok- so we had a RANDOM comment from Jack this weekend. Sunday we hung out and when Greg got home from golf we went to home depot. In the middle of the aisle when we were looking at faucets a man came up to us and asked if he could help us. Very matter of fact- Jack walked over to him and looked up and said "I am Pooping".... It was hilarious. The man didn't know what to say.. We just laughed. ok. He is such a silly boy and getting so big! We had a great time watching him enjoy his BDay. He had his 2 year check up and while I don't have the stats with me now. I do know he was in the 97th percentile for height and he weighs 33 pounds which put him in the 90-95 percentile for weight. He is such a precious little boy and a joy to us. Little Claire Bear goes in tomorrow for a check up on her congestion so I will let you know how much she weighs too. She slept 8 1/2 hours last night. She also loves her exersaucer and loves to laugh at the blue bird on her carseat. I mean she will bust out laughing every time it is pulled. She also thinks her 2 year old brother is quite funny. At random moments he will make her giggle so loud. I love it! She is such a little angel. I love my babies! We had a great weekend and thank you to our great friends that helped make things special!
* Ok so I wrote this last night and was not able to get all the pics uploaded. (It always takes FOREVER on the blog to upload pics. Is that normal?) Anyway- Claire is perfect and has gained 2 pounds weighing a little over 12 pounds now. She goes in next Tues for her 4 month check up and shots so I will have more stats then.




4 comments:
I love them so much and you too! Love the creative Elmo and sesame street party... too cute
I LOVE that you bought that costume and I LOVE even more that Greg was such a good sport and wore it! :) What a fun birthday!!!
Very cool party! You did a great job putting it all together and I'm not surprised at your creativity. :) Happy birthday to Jack! I can't believe he's two...I feel like it was yesterday when he was born.
LAUGHING SO HARD AT GREG!!!! LOVE THIS! Happy birthday to my favorite Nephew! Love you so much Jack Man and counting down the days till I get to come squeeze you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment