Wednesday, May 20, 2009

QT with the Trents, Jack's Birthday and QT with family!

We love to lick books with textures
Everytime Gambi's camera flashed we got the dragon face!
Dragon up close and personal
Say What?
Nana and Jack Man
Greg and Poppy at dinner
Nana and I at dinner... Ignore the hair- I had not showered!

Poppy's cat nap
So innocent
Touring Downtown



Sarah Tate and Jack-He loves her!

Learning about Hooked on Phonics from Grammie and G-Paw


Grace and Jack
Grace came to read the books!

Family pic!

Cutie Patootie!


Nana putting on Jack's shoes
Nana on the airplane
Poppy on the plane

Sarah and I


Jack at dinner




Poppy and Jack
I love this picture!
Greg and Jack


Taryn and Jack




Digging in!





Afraid to touch the cake initially
Greg in action






Logan rock climbing


Daddy and Jack
Funny face
Driving cars with the big boys!

Feeding the animals
Exploring with Daddy
Daddy look at the animals!
Closely listening to Daddy!
Boo!
Mrs. Jessica and Logan!
Close up of Mr. Zebra
Too close for me!
Getting lots of germs from the blocks at the aquarium

The wonderer
Mommy and Me!
Cute view!
So sweet!-Hanging with the Big Boy!
Even sweeter!
Loving being a boy!
Off to read the paper!
Have you ever seen a baby hula hoop?
Action shot
Playing with friends!
Yes Mam?
Dirty baby loving the sand!
Running into the water! He would have gone to the middle of the ocean if it was up to him!

All smiles!

Mommy and Mohawk!
Sand buddies!
Packed car ride!
Friendly with any stranger with Dogs!
Logan took this picture of Jess and I ....

This past 2 weeks have been busy around our house! I'll start in proper order. One of my dear BFF's Jessica Trent came in town with her 2 boys. (Corey her hubby flew in at the end of the trip as well.) We had a wonderful time and I think they kiddos enjoyed bonding as much as the adults! To brief you on our time together- When Jess got in Jack and I took them all on a walk to the neighborhood park. We took pictures in the gazebo and the boys all had a great time. The next day we headed to Charleston to visit the beach and tour around downtown. Yes, you read this correctly- Jess and I braved the 3 1/2 hour drive alone with an 11 month old, 18 month old, and 4 year old all in the back! Whew- we deserved major gold stars! LOL Actually- everyone was on their best behavior considering the lengthy drive and chain of events leading up to the vacation. We did have a DVD player, tons of snacks, and a bag full of toys to help us out though! Our hotel was in the historical district which was perfect because we walked everywhere. We went to market when we arrived and ate dinner at Bubba Gump's restaurant. It was a great choice as the boys were able to play in a mini river while Jess and I had an adult beverage. :) The next day we went to Rainbow Row and toured the historical homes and mansions. Not so much kid friendly so we ended up getting our money back and spending our time out in the touristy grounds! The boys enjoyed it and after naps we headed to the beach. Jack loved loved loved the beach! He was all over the place! He loved the water and he loved the sand. Jess's boys had a great time as well. Of course we did too but it is hard work gathering everyone up along with cleaning up sand and carrying babies and belongings with only 2 Mommy's! We were exhausted! By the time we got home and had naps we were very much looking forward to dinner again and then once the kids went down we enjoyed our nightly meeting spot right in the hallway of our adjoining rooms. Yes- we plugged in our monitors in the hall and met outside each night for conversation and wine. So fun and much needed with old friends! The next day we got up and had breakfast at a local restaurant and headed to the aquarium. It was a great trip! We crammed everything we could into our Charleston visit. Once we got home we Corey flew in and we all headed to the Lazy 5 Ranch. This is a drive thru safari type ranch where the kids could feed the animals. We had a blast here and Corey and I even got a little uneasy with the water buffalo and crazy looking birds at our doors. They were aggressive- especially when you are holding babies! We opted to watch Jess, Logan, and Greg feed the animals as their hands were "baby free". That night Ms. Joy babysat and we had a much needed date night. It was nice to enjoy steak and seafood with actual conversation! I haven't had a 2 hour meal in AGES! The next morning we got up and had breakfast and after naptime we headed to the White Water Rafting Center. It was drizzling rain so our trip was cut short but we did get to watch Logan rock climb! He was such a big boy! When the Trents left we felt like part of our new family left! It is a tease to see old friends for so long and then have them leave! We miss you! The NEXT BIG ADVENTURE was when my mom (Gambi) and my Nana and Poppy (Jack's great grandparents) came in to visit! This was so exciting! Nana and Poppy had not been on a plane since the early 1970's! What a treat! Mom was so sweet to bring them down for Jack's birthday! We picked them up on Friday and the fun began! That night we had dinner at the club and went to bed fairly early. I was extremely impressed with all 3 of them! They had a connecting flight and then got stuck on the runway in FL for over 1 hour and were all still in great moods! Jack had a great time showing off to everyone. His newest tricks are to give you 5 and clap over and over. He will actually wake up at night to clap for you. Cute yes but we really could wait until morning to see it. :) The next day we went to breakfast/brunch and then back to the house for naps before the big party! Jack had a great turn out! All his North Carolina friends were able to come. We had hotdogs, cake, ice cream, and played with the kids outside and inside. It was great weather and everyone had a great time. He was a little afraid of his cake until he got used to the idea and then it was all over him! He enjoyed all his presents and was spoiled rotten by all of our dear wonderful friends and family! After the party we went for a walk down the the park and he played ball. Poppy hit golf balls with Greg and Nana walked a half a mile up hill the whole way with us! Impressive! Sunday we went to downtown Charlotte and had lunch and walked around. That evening we ate dinner in Birkdale and headed home to sadly rest up for their early flight Monday morning. Not only did Jack have the time of his life, but today I am left so sad and really missing my family! I wish they lived closer! Thank you for coming! We loved having you! PS- We have 2 new teeth coming in! We are almost done with teeth! Finally we should be able to sleep!

7 comments:

The Zipser Family said...

Happy Birthday Jack!

Poco said...

WOW!!! Great Pictures!! Jack has gotten soooo BIG! I love it! I wish I could of been there but it looks like u had ur hands full!!! Can't wait to see yall again.. Thanks for the update! Love you all!

Jessica Cameron said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Jack!! I wish I could've made his 1st birthday cake! I enjoyed the pictures! I will try to post some of my kiddos soon!!

Yelda said...

yes you guys do deserve many gold stars! shows what great moms you are! love the family pics! and jack and his cake!!! you also look so beautiful nichole! miss you much!

The Bass Family said...

The pics of Jack are SOOO adorable... he has the cutest faces!! SO sad we weren't there for his big day...promise we will come up again and see y'all soon.

sbharris said...

Gosh I can't believe he is a year old! where did the time go! He is too cute! Looks like you guys had a great time! What a precious family you have!

The Milams said...

great pics. Your grandparents look great...such cuties!

Happy bday Jack! His smile is just adorable!!!