
Ok- So I have not received a copy of the pictures yet but I thought I should go ahead and update you on my surprise work shower before too much time goes by. It was a Wednesday afternoon and I was stressing out because I had been in meetings all morning and had hardly had any time that day for my team. Then my boss explains that she wants to switch our on one on one for that particular week. She wanted to move it from Friday to Wednesday. (That day) I was so frustrated and tried to explain to her that I did not think it was the best use of my time considering it was the middle of the week, we had numbers to produce, I had been in 3 meetings that morning, and my team had not seen me all day basically. (Not to mention I am thinking- "Ok- they want numbers but yet I am not even at my desk to help approve margins and work with recruiters on my team to get bookings." Anyway- she insisted we had to meet (which was odd because normally she is pretty flexible- but I thought maybe she had something really important to cover.) Then in our one on one the whole time I am waiting for this important news that can't wait until Friday. NOTHING... I am so confused. One of the new Directors knocked on the door and asked to speak with Tina (my boss) in private. I remember thinking "This is so incredibly rude" as Tina got up and went outside of the room to speak with her. Meanwhile I am getting more and more frustrated thinking about how I am wasting time I could be at my desk while they are conversing privately which could wait until after I left. Anyway- Tina comes back in and mentions that we are finished- she has something to take care of. She walks out with me and then asks me if I want a water from the vending machine in the lunch room because she said she wanted to buy one for me. I told her "No thanks- that I needed to get to my team and go to the restroom." She then asked me to come with her really fast while she told me something funny. I took a deep breath and was thinking, " Tina I love you to death but where are your priorities?" Anyway- As I walked with her into the lunch room there was everyone from the office standing there smiling and yelling "SURPRISE!". I could feel my face turn bright red and of course I got teary eyed because they are all so good to me! There were decorations on every table, snacks, a cake that read " Welcome Baby Jack", and tons of gifts for Jack. My team was so scandalous! They had been apparently planning this for a long time. They did a fantastic job. Jack received numerous outfits, blankets, bath essentials, handmade blankets, his toddler car seat, another car seat base for Greg's car, shades for the car, kick savers for the car, and many more things. They were all so sweet and we are again so thankful. We are very blessed and have been lucky to have such wonderful friends, family, and coworkers! When I get pictures I will post them. Today we attended our good friend Meredith's dog Bentley's first Birthday Party! Yes- he is a dog and had a birthday party with about 12 other dogs and 20 something guests. Mark and Kelly threw the party at their house. They even sent out formal invitations. We had hamburgers and just hung out with friends. It was a big hit. Bentley opened presents and all the dogs had ice cream sandwiches. It was a gorgeous day for the party. We look forward to his second birthday! :) Happy Birthday Bentley!




1 comment:
such a funny story...but what a nice surprise from your work friends! i can't believe it's finally May...jack will be here SO SOON! i can NOT wait to see him and get my hands on him!!
Post a Comment