My girlfriends here threw me a shower today... Amy Freeman (soon to be Boss) and Sarah Tate were the hostesses. They did a fabulous job. Sarah hosted it at her house and 9 of my girlfriends from here attended. We played 3 games one of which consisted of using a Catholic charm on a necklace that predicts your number of children as well as their sexes. I have played this game before but never with this special necklace. We went around the room and everyone had their turn. It predicted I would have 2 boys and no other children. My friend Allana was there and she already has 1 boy and 1 girl and it said that exactly for her. Sarah's mother went and she has four children and it predicted the number and sexes in order for her. I have another friend there that already has a child and it predicted she would have one boy and one girl. (She already has the boy.) Obviously I know it is all in God's hands but this game was REALLY cool because it was right on with children we already know of. It was a fun ice breaker... We then played a game where I had to pick from a bunch of features of Greg and I and match the ones I wanted Jack to have. The guests had to see how many they guessed the same as me. It was cute as well. The third game was finishing nursery rhymes which I have gotten forgetful on! :) I will brush up on them though. Other than the games we chatted and of course ate. Everything was fantastic and I was glad everyone was able to attend. I am very thankful for all of my friends and it meant so much to me to share today with them. Sarah's mom had a recipe for punch that is out of this world and of course Sarah sent a pitcher home with Greg and I along with chocolate cake that somehow Greg and I have almost already finished off! We also had yummy cucumber sandwiches, pita chips and dip, artichoke dip, fruit and more. I am very full! Everything was great. Thanks ladies for a lovely day and your friendship! Greg, Jack, and I appreciate everything! Greg picked me up today and went in to greet those that were still there. He loaded the car and then we came home and finished the nursery. :) I will take pictures this coming weekend and get them posted for everyone. Other than the shower we had a low key weekend. Friday night we watched movies and Saturday night we went to church and cooked steaks at home. I will e-mail next weekend! I hope everyone is doing well! Love you!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Shower
My girlfriends here threw me a shower today... Amy Freeman (soon to be Boss) and Sarah Tate were the hostesses. They did a fabulous job. Sarah hosted it at her house and 9 of my girlfriends from here attended. We played 3 games one of which consisted of using a Catholic charm on a necklace that predicts your number of children as well as their sexes. I have played this game before but never with this special necklace. We went around the room and everyone had their turn. It predicted I would have 2 boys and no other children. My friend Allana was there and she already has 1 boy and 1 girl and it said that exactly for her. Sarah's mother went and she has four children and it predicted the number and sexes in order for her. I have another friend there that already has a child and it predicted she would have one boy and one girl. (She already has the boy.) Obviously I know it is all in God's hands but this game was REALLY cool because it was right on with children we already know of. It was a fun ice breaker... We then played a game where I had to pick from a bunch of features of Greg and I and match the ones I wanted Jack to have. The guests had to see how many they guessed the same as me. It was cute as well. The third game was finishing nursery rhymes which I have gotten forgetful on! :) I will brush up on them though. Other than the games we chatted and of course ate. Everything was fantastic and I was glad everyone was able to attend. I am very thankful for all of my friends and it meant so much to me to share today with them. Sarah's mom had a recipe for punch that is out of this world and of course Sarah sent a pitcher home with Greg and I along with chocolate cake that somehow Greg and I have almost already finished off! We also had yummy cucumber sandwiches, pita chips and dip, artichoke dip, fruit and more. I am very full! Everything was great. Thanks ladies for a lovely day and your friendship! Greg, Jack, and I appreciate everything! Greg picked me up today and went in to greet those that were still there. He loaded the car and then we came home and finished the nursery. :) I will take pictures this coming weekend and get them posted for everyone. Other than the shower we had a low key weekend. Friday night we watched movies and Saturday night we went to church and cooked steaks at home. I will e-mail next weekend! I hope everyone is doing well! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am so glad I found your blog. I have enjoyed readin it and catching up on your life. Ya'll are so adorable and so grown up! I feel so old! Luv, Christy MacKay Hart
Post a Comment