Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shower


A few friends of mine from Texas threw me a baby shower in March in Dallas. We had a great time and it was so good to see everyone! I miss them soooo much!!!! I was able to see all of my Dallas friends, family, childhood friends as well as coworkers! Jessica had the shower at her house and bless her heart she has a newborn and a 3 year old to take care of as well. She managed to pull it off with help of the other girls with such grace! :) I was excited to see her babies!!! They are adorable! Sarah Zipser, Amanda Jackson, Amanda Johnson, and Jessica Trent were the hostesses.. They did a fantastic job! My family was able to come since a few live in the area and Meredith made shirts for all the girls that said "Aunt Lauren", "Aunt Poco", "Aunt Meredith", and "Gamby" for my mom... They were light blue with brown writing since that is the colors of Jack's room... Cute! My grandparents made a trip in town as well and we were able to celebrate Easter.. For years this has been a tradition but it is getting harder and harder to get us all together so I was thankful! It was good to see my brother as well and all the significant others! The shower was perfect because it was really just a chance to see everyone. I had not gotten a chance to see in awhile and catch up. We did play one game and that consisted of tasting baby food.. I actually won and got all the "Yucky" foods correct! :) Maybe I am prepared! :) I have a few pictures but have not downloaded them yet so I will work on that this weekend. The flights there and back were fine and Jack adjusted well. Getting to the airport was a little bit of a disaster though.. I left in plenty of time and then it started pouring down rain! I had decided to drive myself verses being dropped off and picked up because I left so early on Friday. Due to the rain and traffic I had exactly 50 minutes before my scheduled departure when I exited for the airport so instead of parking I drove myself straight there to get my bags checked in curbside bc I knew there would be a line inside and if you don't check in 45 minutes prior they won't let you on. (I had checked in online but my bags had to be checked at the airport.) I pulled up and turned my hazards on and ran up to the line outside. There was a big sign that they now charge per bag you check curbside. All I had was 1.00 for a tip so I threw my bag at a nice attendant and ran inside to the ATM. (Pregnant and in high heels running through the airport at 6:00am.) Finally I got the money and was able to get my bag checked. I got back in my car and drove to the parking lot and of course there were not any buses available and I didn't have time to spare so I started running with my carry on in the rain back to the airport. A bus finally came and picked me up half way... Once I arrived I was praying for a short line for security.. God must have wanted me to board my flight because the line was short and by the time I made it to my gate I literally WALKED onto the plane 2 minutes before we took off. I was so hungry and I had to use the restroom the entire flight (I prefer not to go on planes if I can help it) but I made it to Dallas alive! :) You just get so tired traveling pregnant even with a small time change. My mom was there to greet and we went shopping for Jack an outfit to wear home from the hospital. Mom bought an outfit at "Janie and Jack" which I thought was fitting and she also included a hat, socks, and shoes... Precious.. I am so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends in my life. I love them all to death and appreciated the shower and Jack and Greg and I appreciate the gifts he will enjoy!
Thank you again LADIES!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

jess trent said...

You are oh-so-blog-crafty :) Love the slide show and your sweet words. Love you honey!
Jess

Yelda said...

ahhh everyone looks so great! ANd you!!! how is it that you still manage to look tiny even though your pregnant???? huh? love ya and miss ya !!

kinsey said...

so sad i missed it...but sounds like yall had a great time!

The Bass Family said...

Nichole...you're 32 week picture of your belly is PRECIOUS! I love it. I can't wait to meet my adorable nephew!