Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Updates




At the parade







Before July 4th Parade





Jack and Grace at an outdoor concert- They love dancing and were worn out!



Little Claire Bear!



Sleeping on the Boat


Jack and Jack









Outdoor concert again Claire Jack and Grace dancing





Claire and Eli




Sleepy Head


This is how I found Jack at nap


Guess who :)


I use this blog as a second baby journal for my kiddos so I wanted to give a few updates on what Jack and Claire have been up to. Claire is quite the character. Her personality is the comedian of the house. She makes me laugh at all times. Right now she is very into bracelets, brushing her teeth, EATING (She asks to eat at least 6 times a day), ice (She has to have ice daily as well on a few occasions), pacis (When she sleeps she must have one in each hand and of course one in her mouth), hairbows (She won't leave the house without one and cries for me to give her one before bed? random?), Boo Boos and band aids (Claire will cry and point to nonexistent Boo Boos just for attention and go get band aids to put on her fake and real hurts. She is very dramatic.), She loves spit bubbles and will blow them constantly. If I ask her what is in her mouth she will say "A Bubble!" and grin really big. She is so good at giving kisses and when I hold her she pats me on the back which is sooo cute. Claire asks to go "Night Night". This is so opposite of how Jack was and it makes my life so much easier! She has a new obsession with her high chair and the seat belt on it. She will climb up in her chair on her own and not allow anyone to help her. She insists you put her seat belt on and then she likes to take it off and jump down. She enjoys doing this over and over. She jumps off of everything. She has even tried the kitchen table a few times. Luckily I have always been there to catch her bc she has no fear and will just jump. She will jump up in the bathtub and land on her hiney and splash everywhere. It looks so painful but she laughs and jumps up to do it over and over. She insists one walking up and down the stairs alone. She likes to "fake sleep". I will tell her to close her eyes and she will squeeze them shut until I leave the room. She has been screaming "NO!" to Jack and her friends as well as to Greg and myself. She goes to time out and will sit there until she is allowed to get up and then she says "Love you" and walks off... Her new phrase this week is "Oh Man!" She is honestly someone God put in my life that I never knew I needed and now would never want to live without. It's funny how when you already have one baby you can't imagine loving another just as much and God just knows exactly what you need and your love just overflows in so many ways! I love this baby girl beyond measure! OK- now on to my J Man. Jack is at his second camp this week for the summer. He is so cute to watch because he just loves learning. He waves gooodbye to me and we both yell that we love each other. I will be so sad when he quickly gets to big for that. He is very into live music where he can dance. We go to an outdoor concert type set up every week and he always requests songs which is so funny and he is the first to dance along with Claire. He enjoys riding his bicycle and playing outside so much, He is very sporty but he also loves doing crafts and nature. He wants to play Golf with Daddy and enjoys baseball and basketball. (I am not saying he is awesome at any of it yet but he likes to practice. ) He will ask me to make a craft and we have to google and find new projects all the time. He loves to read books and do puzzles. He has a book where you find the hidden pictures and he really enjoys doing that. He gets the Highlight magazine in the mail (great gift from Grammie and G Paw) and he looks forward to it every time it comes in the mail. He will have us read it over and over! He likes looking for bugs and learning about them. He is a good listener and will repeat things I have said at random times which always makes me giggle. He says things like "usually" and "normal" in his daily vocabulary and it is hilarious to me. This week he was telling a story and said "The boy LITERALLY fell off his bike." Hearing him say literally was funny to me. He said a prayer in the car for God to work on his heart and help him be kind to Claire. Then he asked for God to work on Mommy's heart too and help her to be nicer as well. I was laughing so hard. He has a very caring and sensitive side and I love that about him. He will fight with Claire and then when she gets in trouble he will beg me to get her out and tell her I love her. He loves his bible book and can repeat the story of Jonah and the Whale pretty much verbatim from the book. He has such a big heart and tells me often how much he loves God. Everything he does it makes me smile. He will lay in bed at night and ask me to talk to him about "our plan" for tomorrow. He told me he is going to get bigger and go to work with Daddy while I watch his babies. Then he started telling me what to do if they cried like to give them a bottle or a kiss. He said he wasn't sure where they would sleep and when I suggested a crib he said that wouldn't work because Claire would need that. I told him that his wife would probably work it out and he told me he was marrying me. Then he started telling me all about what his ring would look like and what finger he would wear it on. He is so stinkin cute. He went tubing on the lake for the first time and LOVE LOVE LOVED it! He smiled so big and wanted to ride it all day. He has really started talking back and whining worse than he ever did as a 2 year old. He will throw a fit if he doesn't get his way. He is very emotional and while it is hard at times I love that part about him because his heart is so big because of it. He tried to steal a toy from a friend that lives next door. YES! You read that right! Don't worry we had a long talk about it and he will not be doing that again BUT it is a funny story. He had out a whistle that he loves in his pants and when we started to leave I saw him pulling on his pants and when I asked if he needed to go to the potty he quickly said no. He always begs to stay at our neighbor's house but this time he had no qualms about leaving so I walked over to kneel down and ask him to go to the restroom and noticed he looked like something was in his pants so I called him on it and the second I did the tears came. He knew it was wrong and was sooooo embarrassed. I had to turn my head and laugh but he knew he was in for it. He apologized and we had a few serious talks at our house. I guess my kids aren't perfect after all! JUST KIDDING! Live with me for 5 minutes and you will know that but neither am I so I will take all the good and bad any day. Every moment is a gift and I love those kids so much! (Not saying I always have my sanity but I am thankful! ) :)

3 comments:

Yelda said...

Love the updates :)
I wonder where Claire gets the dramatic behavior from ??? Hehe love you N!!! Miss u so much! Xoxo

The Zipser Family said...

Thank you for the updates. I miss you and love those babies.

Gambi said...

They have both grown SO much! Can't wait to see all of you! Please give hugs and kisses!