Thursday, February 17, 2011
Toy Story-To Post or not to Post?
Ok-So I have debated on posting this story for awhile now. I have decided for the sake of memories I have to do it. It is definitely not the most classy post and being unaware of my audience of readers I apologize now if it offends anyone. However- it truly is a story worth documenting. Ok so just to update you a little on Jack. He will be 3 May 21st. Jack has been "pooping" in the potty truly for a good 8 months now. He has probably had 1 accident when it comes to "pooping". I never had to teach him- this was just one day what he did. Anyway- this is literally the opposite of most kiddos. I have had so many moms tell me how great it is bc teaching their children to "Tee Tee" in the potty was easy but their kids still won't "poop" and so on. Well- great but not Jack. He really could care less about having a wet pull up unless he is trying to go to sleep and then of course he wants to change it. I haven't really pushed the issue too much bc to be honest numerous moms of boys have told me usually they don't become pros until 3 anyway and quite honestly changing a wet pull up is not a big deal when I don't have to change "poop". Anyway- the thing is Jack is ready. He knows to go. He just tells me he is busy and doesn't have time because he is playing and he even says it is much easier to go in his pull up. LAZY! We have tried the big boy pants and he will go on the potty but then we have accidents in the car or random places so I sometimes am over it. ANYWAY- now that you have the background info here is the story- Jack has a little girlfriend named Sterling. Sterling is now going on the potty like a big girl. Her Mommy told me they took Sterling to Target and let her pick out any toy she wanted and she choose "Woody" from Toy Story. From then on Sterling went on the potty and did anything possible to get that toy. It was as easy as that. So Jack heard Sterling's Mommy telling me to try it with Jack. So off we go to Target and of course Jack picks the exact same prize out. He found the doll Sterling has and said he wanted to come back and get the same one (Woody from Toy Story) when he learned to go to the potty to "tee tee" every time. So later that night Greg and I had a meeting to go to at our church. We had a new babysitter come over to put Jack and Claire to bed. As I was giving the sitter named Jessica directions on their schedule- Jack proceeded to interrupt. He said, "Miss Jessica...Miss Jessica... Um... When I go "tee" "tee" on the potty I get a WOODY!" Of course I didn't think anything of it but realized what had just been said when the poor girl looked white as a sheet and was a little speechless about a 2 year old's choice of words from what appeared to be a lovely church going family! :) Haha... I of course explained and we shared a little uncomfortable laugh. I love that little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Ok I cried from laughing I can just see the look on gregs face and yours too I am still laughing!!! That is so cute and so innocent and so funny in one!
That is hilarious! Love those kind of stories...if he only knew!!! Miss you!
Too funny!!
That made me laugh! Good way to start my day...aren't kids so much fun?!
This is so cute! Out of the mouths of babes!!!
Post a Comment