Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2010 and 2011 updates

My sweet baby girl
Her beads and teefies (As Jack and I call them)

Looking cute

Such a cute hiney

Snow outside (The 2nd big snow since Christmas)

Sasssy little Sugar
Playing with Good Old thomas


Claire using her spoon

My Baby Boy's Back during the allergy test...

Christmas Morning


The day after he was out of the hospital- (So happy to be walking around!)

Day 2 at he hospital. ( I could only change his pants bc of the IV)


Grammie and G-Paw (We love them!)




Claire Bear (literally)in the snow but you can't tell bc this background is white! LOL


Grammie and 2 of her sweet babies!

DJ Jack Christmas morning singing "I've Got Sunshine"

Claire riding her new horse and so excited!


This pic reminds me of a baby Greg

Sweet baby just got woken up by a very excited brother

Santa's decorations


Jack Man at church (wondering why he was getting his pic taken during the service)

My baby Miss Clause :)

Jack and his candle at church. ( This is all he thought about the entire service.)

Coloring at Christmas Eve Dinner (Some pizza place)

Claire at church getting into everything!


Be Merry!


Christmas was wonderful for our family. Jack and Claire had a great time and were so thankful and blessed from family and friends. Greg's parents came down for Christmas and we had a wonderful time with them. The kids also loved Grammie and GPaw hugs and kisses for sure!They are great house guests and we loved every minute. Claire started walking a week or so before so things were crazy and new to her the whole break. She has discovered how to open our gate for the stairs so we spend most of our time telling her NO and getting her off the stairs. She loves to climb all the way up and is faster than you can imagine once she sees us coming. She loves to race around the house and look for "Gack" or "Dack" aka Jack. She wants to be a big girl so bad! She knows how to feed her bottle to her baby doll. It makes noises when it drinks and she will wake in the morning and you can hear her turn on her glow worm first and second feeding the baby. Claire has so much personality and she doesn't put up with much from Jack. Jack and Claire got a tent from Grammie and G-Paw and one from Santa and Claire loves to play hide and seek with Jack in them. She loves to point and will say "Bohel" for Bottle. She points at everything and says Uh. When she wants something else to eat she just points at it. She also wakes at night and throws every single item out of her crib to get attention. She is good at tantrums when she doesn't get her way but she looks so cute doing it that I often give in. She has 5 teeth now and is working on two more. Fun times! She can give kisses but she gives them with her mouth open :) Jack loves to color and is interested in puzzles right now. He is getting better at them each day. He wants to make a craft every day and he is using his imagination so much more each day. Today he said the sweetest thing. He made a heart from some pegs with our neighbor and he asked me if Jesus could come into that heart like his. I loved it! He is in his big boy bed now (no more toddler bed which makes me sad!) and we are working on potty training at night. Right after Christmas it snowed here we went outside in the snow and also went sledding on the golf course with the neighbors. It was tons of fun. Jack loved it and Mommy and Daddy did too. We didn't stay out long and I had him dressed in about 4 layers of clothing but we were still too cold to stay out much longer than a few sled rides. A few days later Jack got admitted to the hospital for shortness or breath /wheezing. It was awful. He had pneumonia in one lung and he had to do breathing treatments every 3 hours we were there. They came in all night and poor Jack had an IV and never got any sleep. It was really tough without family here because Greg and I had to take shift turns being at home with Claire and at the hospital with Jack. Luckily my neighbor is also a dear friend and she helped us out so much. Thank God for Myra I don't know what we would have done without her. I hated leaving Jack at the hospital for a second and then felt bad leaving Claire too. Jack was such a good patient. He was going on no sleep for 2 days and stuck with an IV and oxygen mask and reader on his toe confined to a hospital bed doing treatments every 3 hours with meds in between and still he managed to win over hearts of all the staff. The gave him a pillow pet, presents under the Christmas tree, Popsicles, and just about whatever he wanted. I told him the IV was so he wouldn't have to taste bad medicine so in the middle of the night one night he threw a fit with a nurse when she wouldn't put the yucky Tylenol (non flavored) in his IV. (Go Mom). LOL He also woke and ripped out his IV with blood everywhere which was a fiasco. He was a really good patient but it was hard on him. When we got released he was so excited to see Claire Bear! He even asked the nurse for a pillow pet for her and was so excited to give Claire her gift. My heart broke for him but I was so grateful for the prayers and the fact that we got out quickly. Claire came down with RSV a few days later which the Dr said was more than likely what Jack had and it turned quickly on him bc of his lung/wheezing history. Claire wheezed from it also and even had to do a few breathing treatments. Both ran 104 fever for over 4 days. It took a good week to get completely over it for Claire and we still had to be away from other kiddos 2 extra weeks after that. I also had to keep Jack out of school for a week after he was out the 3 weeks before for Christmas. Then this week when he could go back- it snowed and was cancelled! My poor little boy is itching to get out and play! Claire is happy to be feeling better and frustrated with her teeth.
Oh- On a side note- Jack got tested finally at the Asthma and Allergy Specialist and he is HIGHLY allergic to cats and dogs. (Not certain breeds but certain ones that have a specific protein in their bloodstream? Random. I always thought it was the hair but not for him. The Dr said it has nothing to do with the breed. There could be 5 yorkies and he might be only allergic to one of them. ) He is also HIGHLY allergic to dust mites-which apparently are everywhere no matter how much you clean. So- we have special detergent I ordered and 100.00 later a new cover for every part of his bed. Poor little guy! I just hate for him to deal with so much. However- I know we are blessed and for this I am beyond grateful. Jack starts soccer tomorrow! Yea! We are excited to go and cheer him on. Baby sister will probably be his biggest fan! She loves him so much and in 8 more months she can play too! I'll take pics of the boys practicing. Let's hope he takes after his Daddy on this event. Greg played in HS. I played around the age of 5 and really enjoyed picking flowers and playing with my uniform. :) Hopefully I will be able to update more this weekend! XOXOXOXO

6 comments:

Yelda said...

i hope everyone is feeling better now :) as always the pics are great!!!

Erin said...

Sounds like a rough few weeks mixed in with lots of joys, too! Hope you and Greg are hanging in there...those kiddos are blessed with some great parents. I feel your pain with the hospital stays...those are tough. :-( Happy new year!!

The Zipser Family said...

Love the pictures. Claire looks so much like Greg in the one in front of the tree. They are both beautiful. I guess it's good to know about what jack is allergic too. Poor baby. So random about the dog protein. Love you

Candace Hylton said...

Aww I miss seeing them! These are such cute pictures! Miss you guys!

The Bass Family said...

Claire is the cutest thing ever! I want to pinch that little tushy! What great pictures you have in this post! So glad to know what Jackman is allergic too...I know that had to have been hard! I miss you guys and love!

Catherine Chaumont said...

Sounds like we should have spent Christmas together! Poor little babies! Hope everyone is well now. Love all of the photos.