Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Update

I don't have many pics with my baby girl so I had to post this one. (I didn't want it first but I don't know how to change the order.)


My babies

Love this one!

Conversation

Action shot while the photographer was checking out his film.

I noticed they were taking pics here- Claire noticed the grass :)


Family FUN






I love Claire's face here and Jack is so cute to me here.

Hanging out in our Christmas PJs


Happy times


Not for long! :)




My sweet family

Like father like daughter.....

Crazy man hair


Sadie and Jack (The above pictures include Claire- I don't know how to space and type under them.)
Claire and her long distance BFF
My Nana and Jack. These pictures warm my heart
So sweet
4 generations!

Poppy (90!) and me
Nana and me
Bath FUN
All 3 in the tub!
Tristan and Jack
Courtney and Claire

Uncle Spencer and Claire!
Jack and Aunt Lauren!

Claire and Eloise just having fun
Best Friends
So happy together! (Look close you can see Aunt Meredith and Aunt Poco (I didn't get many pics obviously!)
Jack and Uncle Spencer
Gambi and Claire! Wish I was able to take more pics! :(
Jack in the FAKE snow at Huntersville Christmas

My little Duck in his Christmas Program (2nd on left)


So much has happened and I have been terrible about blogging! I would say the most exciting is Claire is walking! She looks too little to be walking around but she is. She also says Dack for Jack all the time. She loves pointing at pictures and telling us who she is looking at. She recognizes MaMa, DaDa, and Dack. However- she also recognizes Claire- and while she doesn't say her name she LOVES looking at herself! It is so funny! Claire has basically taken herself off of baby food and strongly prefers "Big People Food" over any other. She also prefers sippys over bottles and would like to drink Dacks milk over her formula. (She often steals it away.) She loves pushing her stroller around that her MiMi and Gramps got her. She will race (literally) Jack around the house with it. She is becoming more interested in the Christmas tree and likes to eat the fake green pieces that she rips off. Lovely! In the past few days she has really turned a corner with talking and she will repeat a number of words if we ask her to. (She even attempted Christmas Tree. My neighbor/great friend witnessed it!) :) She is a little busy body and not much bothers her. She is cutting 4 top teeth. I can definitely tell she is in pain because she is fussy at times and her cheeks are red often but she still amazes me with her temperament. Jack had his Christmas program at school. He did a great job. He actually got to do it 2 times because I have him in the Tues/Thurs class and he also goes on Mondays to the MWF class. Monday they called for all the little animals to walk down stage to start singing their songs and as soon as Jack spotted me in the crowd - I had a little duck in my lap asking to watch the program with me. Everyone laughed as everyone saw and heard. We left and went back to his class where I bribed him with candy to run back down the aisle and get on stage for a grand finish. It worked. :) Tues we had a pep talk and he participated in the entire program. :) Daddy came to watch Tues as well and Jack was so excited. He sang his songs loud and knew every word. Jack is growing like a weed and has become very tall and slender. He has very grown up conversations and says the cutest things. He is a huge help with Claire. He is so smart (in my motherly opinion:) ). He can count objects really well, knows his letters (most), and can count to 20. He can trace letters and knows how to spell his name verbally. He loves to paint, and do any type of craft. He is getting better with puzzles but we still have a ways to got here. He loves computers and has asked Santa for one. (Yeah right.) We took a trip to Texas as I was a bridesmaid in one of my dear friend's from HS's wedding. Greg was not able to make it so I took the kids by myself. Yes you heard me right I got one a plane with 2 children under 3 alone. :) Jack acted like such a big boy. I felt bad because I didn't even have time to spend with him bc I was busy trying to get Claire to keep quiet and still. They enjoyed the trip and while I was busy with wedding festivities they mainly enjoyed seeing family and friends. Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures of the family and friends they spent time with due to being so carried away with other wedding events. However- Jack has not stopped talking about his family and friends and definitely enjoyed seeing his Uncles, Aunts, Cousin, and Grandmother again. They even got to see their great grandparents. Everyone all of my sweet family and friends pitched in and helped out with the routine and the kids loved every minute of it. Jack finally got to meet Sadie my sweet friend Sarah's daughter. They loved playing and hanging out. He also got to meet Tristan and Olive another sweet friend Lockie's kiddos. It was very neat to see our kids play knowing we had all played together so young. I missed seeing so many other good friends in the area but we were so rushed with the time there and taking 2 kids with naps gave me limited time free. The wedding I have to add was gorgeous and my friend Amanda looked beuatiful! She is marrying a great man and I am so happy they found one another. So after being spoiled the kids recovered and got back to reality once they were home. When we got back after having cole weather in TX- it warmed up in TX and SNOWED here! UGH! It is gone now but I will have to admit it was gorgeous and Jack loved the opportunity to play in the snow. We are getting geared up for Christmas here. The kids are sooooo excited! My in-laws are coming up Christmas Eve and we are looking very forward to having them here for Christmas! We always have such a great time with them and it will be a blessing to share this holiday with family. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas! We miss you all and are thankful for every one of you!

6 comments:

POCO said...

LOOOOVVVEE this blog!! Such cute pictures! YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! Miss you guys and can't wait to come visit VERY SOON!!! :) Love you!

Yelda said...

love all the pics! too many favorites! Jack is getting so big! crazy ! i can't wait until i get to see you all again! xoxo

The Zipser Family said...

Love the pictures. You look beautiful. Love the pics of all three kiddie too

The Bass Family said...

Love this post Nichole! And like I told you yesterday, your family pictures are beautiful!! I think my favorite is the one of you and Greg!! :) Miss you guys and can't wait to read about Christmas!

The Ealy's said...

Love all the pictures!! I miss you guys so much!

Catherine Chaumont said...

Great photos!! Such a cute family! I am so impressed that you flew with two kids...you deserve an award.