(Yes I can not believe I put this pic of me on here but it was bedtime after a long day!
Plus Daddy and Jack look cute so I had to! )
Hello! I thought I would give you a few updates on what The Graham Family has been up to and what new adventures Jack has encountered. Sarah and Mike came in on Friday. We were all so excited to see them and Jack was very excited to meet them finally. Jack and I made the trip to the airport to pick them up. He didn't allow me to take a shower beforehand so I was a little worried about his temperament pre-car ride but he did GREAT. Like most babies, he loves car rides and went right to sleep. Friday night we decided to venture out (1 mile down the road) to eat at the club house with Mr. Jack. We figured this would be a great 1st outing because if he got upset we were not far from home. Sarah and I rode around the neighborhood 20 minutes beforehand to make sure he fell asleep while Mike and Greg went ahead for the reservations. We sat outside and it was great weather. There was a terribly loud party right next to us but it didn't seem to phase Jack. This was so interesting because all during the day he wakes up if someone barely moves or whispers but not in public! (At least not so far!) We had dinner and were actually out for close to 2 hours and Jack continued to slumber. We did move from outside to inside once it got a little chilly. When we got home Sarah and I gave him a bath. He then went straight to sleep as she rocked him in her arms. He loves his Aunt Sarah! Jack is very lucky to have such great Aunts! He is thankful to get to meet them lately! His Aunt Poco comes next week! He is getting spoiled! Sarah is a very light sleeper so when Jack got up for his first feeding for the night around 2:30am Sarah joined us for some TV. :) The next day we hung around the house and Mike and Greg played golf. Jack spent time with the girls and towards the end of the day he was exhausted but would not go to sleep. Sarah and I could only get him to take cat naps and they only lasted 10-20 minutes at a time. At one point we were literally confined to my bedroom laying right next to him because wouldn't fall asleep anywhere else but on his boppy between the girls. That night we decided to be daring and venture out to dinner in Birkdale. (A shopping center about 10 minutes away.) The guys went ahead and got our table. After numerous attempts to get Jack sleeping all day Saturday- the second we got in the car to go to dinner he was out! When we walked up to join the guys- we noticed a great band setting up across the street. We were worried it would be loud but the music was great and at a great volume. Everything was going perfect and THEN it started to get dark and cloudy and VERY windy. A storm was coming and we were on an uncovered patio. We moved inside and while Jack woke up several times he always went back to sleep. He didn't even wake up until we were home for 40 minutes or so. (Yes- I am a bad mom and left him in his car seat onces he got home for awhile.) He had not slept much that day and I didn't want to wake him. We had bath time again and Sarah put him to sleep. She has really enjoyed taking care of him. She changed diapers, gave him baths, rocked him to sleep, and loved on him during the day. She also did his laundry and got his bottles ready. He will be sad for her to leave tomorrow and we will as well! We have had a low key weekend but that is perfect for us! Hope everyone is doing well! P.S. Go to the posting below of my mom and Meredith's visit to see pictures!




9 comments:
that sounds so fun. i can't wait until september, when it's our turn to play and help with sweet jack.
I totally leave Reece in his carseat when he's sleeping - and I know we are great moms!
We can't wait either Kinsey!
Thanks Jenn! I know we are too it just makes me feel bad sometimes! He loves it though! Reece is PRECIOUS!
Jack is so freakin' cute! Sometimes I wish Jayce was still that little. At the time, it was tiring and I spent it in a daze, but now...let's just say they don't make enough tennis shoes for me to keep up!
I found you on Meredith's blog. Jack is so cute! Congrats!
Jack is so cute! Looks like you are handling everything just perfectly! Yall are wonderful parents. I love seeing new pictures!!!
Okay - Reece is turning 4 months on Thursday... so you are doing fine. Reece napped a lot in his swing when he was super little. Then he would nap anywhere I could get him to sleep. Our naps are just like yours - 30 min here and there. Sometimes his side is a good place and he slept for 2 hours on Sunday after falling asleep on his tummy time mat...i know even worse than the carseat..but whatever - it was great!
YEAH!!! Jack has on the turtle outfit I gave him....He looks adorable...of course!! He's precious and I love reading the adventures of a new mommy!!! Can't wait til he comes to MP!!
Jenn- Thanks for the advice! Keep it coming! I worry a ton!
McCall- Yes he does! He loves it! Thank you for it again! Hope you are great!
Post a Comment