Friday, March 11, 2011

Claire and Jack Updates

Well- I don't have many pictures to post so I will do that this weekend after i take more- but I wanted to update you on Claire's one year appt. She is 20 pounds so we are still not supposed to flip her forward in the car seat. This was a bummer considering she loves riding in Jack Mans seat when he is not around. :) She was in the 50 percentile for just about everything. Compared to Jack when he was this age she is a shrimp. The doctor said was doing good and she handled her shots well. Poor baby got a stomach bug a few days after our visit. Daddy had the same thing so Mommy was busy taking care of the house for awhile. Luckily Jack and I didn't catch the bug! Claire is getting more hair and loves being outside! She is really into shoes and loves to try and put her socks and shoes on. She tells everyone "No No" when they are doing something she doesn't think is right and she also says "Thank you" after everything. She loves to climb up and down or in and out of things. She would climb in and out of the bathtub all day or go out and in the gate on our stairs all day if we let her. She also is good about picking up toys and she loves closing doors. She thinks it is cute to climb on the coffee table (we literally have the cheapest coffee table clearly on purpose as experienced parents after Jack taught us well) and she enjoys climbing on it- standing- waiting on us to tell her to "Please get off and Sit on her HINEY" and then she will get off as I count to three. If she doesn't she knows that it is time for time out and she will hold my hand or even walk by herself to the wall in the dining room which she then proceeds to face and place her nose to the wall (as Jack does). It is so stinkin cute! I love it! She laughs about it so clearly she thinks it is a game. I guess we will have to get harsh when she gets a little older but for now it is so funny. She is a silly girl and makes me laugh all the time. She is bossy and it is amazing to me to watch how much this age understands. She follows orders if I ask her to find her pacifier or give something to Jack. She can say a few of her friends names and recognize them. (Addie and Eli). She enjoys coloring but if there is not a paci in her mouth then she will try and eat the color. she hasn't eaten baby food in forever and her favorite meals are still pasta. She also loves lima beans, frozen yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, green beans, and chicken nuggets. She is such a blessing and I can't imagine my life without either of my babies. Jack has said some really cute things lately and I have tried to keep up with a few of them- so here are a few stories...

He was talking to Baby Eli and said, "Baby Eli- You need to go back to sleep so your brain can get big!"

Conversation on walk out of school- Jack: "Mom today I was lovin on Isabell." Me: "(laughing)Why?"
Jack: "She is sooo cute!" Isabells mom was right behind us and she started laughing.

Jack also told me recently he was very impressed with me. The exact same day he also grabbed my face and told me to listen that he was not angry but he was frustrated with me.

Convo in car after school: ME: "Jack why didn't you eat your lunch today?" Jack: "Well that's just the way it is."

Lately he has been asking me "Mom can you grab that sippy for me (or whatever)... Anyway- I guess my response has stuck with him because I asked him to pick something up for me and he responded, "Mom- I can't bc I don't have three hands."

Bedtime Conversation Me:"Jack you are so smart. " Jack: "I know Mom I have a big brain." "AND you have a little brain."

I picked him up at school Thursday and all the children were sitting on the floor patiently and quietly waiting on their parents. When Jack saw me he did his usual big wave and smile. As I walked in he grabbed his friend Landon's face and said loud for everyone to hear "Landon- I have a girlfriend named Grace. " "She is having a birthday party!!!" "Did you hear me?" "I am going to see my girlfriend Grace at her birthday party!" I have not called Grace his girlfriend so it was funny and the funnier piece was how he had Landon's face in his hands to get his attention.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

The Zipser Family said...

Precious smart babies. Claire is doing so good, what a big girl! I miss them and you. I still want to come visit, we just need to get our courage up again! We will soon. Love you and kiss them for me.