October has been a fun month thus far. I took Jack and Claire to the pumpkin patch with some friends. They had a great time! There was so much to do I was so impressed! Jack enjoyed the hayride we all took, playing on the playground, petting the animals, playing in the water with toy ducks, playing in a corn box, and picking out his pumpkins. Claire had a great time watching everyone. Jack has also been enjoying being a big brother and often tells Claire, " We don't do (fill in the blank) that Claire. Whatever she does that I don't let him do he tells her all about how we don't do that. I have to remind him I will handle it but thank you. That is another thing- If you ask him something he will sometimes say, "No but thank you for asking." It is so funny bc he is so serious. He has all kinds of cute sayings that I have got to get better about writing down! I know one is he often asks me to cuddle and I love it. He will say I love you for no reason and tell me he loves me more after I say it. Just tonight he asked Greg for something and Greg told him no. Jack turned to me and said,"That was not very nice of Daddy was it Mommy?"He says "Dang it" often thanks to me. Another thing I have caught him saying is "Where in the freak is my firetruck?" Ok- let me explain this- This is all a dedication to my friend Jessica Trent. She truly is one of the most fun conservative little Catholic women I know- and she has always had this Jessica Trent lingo we called her ISMS... Anyway- Freak was her favorite word everything was Freak or Freakstick and I promise you this NEVER implied ANYthing else. When you hang around her you can't help but pick up her language and now 8 years later I am passing it down apparently to my dear son. I love it and it makes me smile remembering my sweet friends in TX but I guess I need to watch my mouth because while I have not ONCE said freak with any other meaning at all- I can assume others might not understand that. On that note-Jack also loves to read his Bible book and it amazes me the stories he remembers by pictures. He know that Jesus is God's son which I think is so random because I don't remember reviewing that much. He also will let me know how much God loves us. He is really into statues right now. Yes- random I know. We saw one this summer and since then he points them all out to me. He seems to be enjoying school and sings all kinds of new songs. It is so cute to watch his imagination. He will play with toys alone and act out their voices. I laugh when he sends them to time out sometimes. He takes them on pretend trips to the store and all around the house. He knows his letters for the most part he gets a few wrong from time to time and he can count to 20 but not always perfectly. He loves to play Hide and Seek. He is as cute as can be but this is not one of those blogs where I pretend it's all perfect! These are definitely the terrible twos! Wow can we throw temper tantrums and his favorite thing lately is to tell me No when I tell him to do something and when I tell him to go to time out he will sometimes say to me "Don't talk to me like that." If he chooses that option he will be sent to time out and next we have even encountered some larger tantrums and when he gets up he will randomly say to me later, " Mommy I really am sorry I pulled a fit earlier." "I won't do it again and I love you." Yes- that melts my heart. Lately the best punishment for him is being sent to his room because he can't stand to be separated from me or anyone else. Poor Jack....Claire is taking steps and saying Bye Bye while waving (although not always on cue). She doesn't like to sit still at all! She can crawl to the top of the stairs which makes me so nervous. (Of course I do not let her often and of course I am right behind her!) She can do the Little Indian to herself and has decided she does not care that much for baby food. She eats it but only if I feed her table food at the same time to keep her busy. She takes 2 naps and eats foods well but still doesn't care much for bottles. We have really enjoyed Claire as a baby. Thus far she is much easier than Jack Man was! I recently went to a bachelorette party over the weekend for my dear friend Amanda. Greg kept the kids all weekend alone. I was so proud of him. What a great dad! He said Jack asked him to hide under the covers until Mommy came to find him. When I heard that I got teary eyed and couldn't wait to get home! I had a great time but I missed my babies like crazy! We dressed 80's for the party so I will post a pic. It was so great to spend time with old friends. Anyway- more updates to come! Miss you out of town friends and family like crazy! (I didn't have timt to proofread- SORRY)
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I knew when you text me last night that you were updating...so first thing this morning I checked to see pics of those babies!! Claire is just beautiful and Jack is a little freakstick...hahahaha!!Just kidding, he's so handsome. Love all of you and can't wait until the cousins are together again!
Love the update and loved seeing you last weekend. Miss you and can't wait until Dec and Jan to see the family again!
Post a Comment