Updates on Jack- Well he hasn't had his flu shot yet. I'll just start with that. I say this because if he had already had his flu shot and if I had gotten mine prior to Friday we would be in Texas right now with Greg. Instead we are here lonely missing family, friends, and daddy! We had a wedding to go to for one of Greg's friends in Dallas which I am super sad to miss. I also had a surprise baby shower to go to given by 2 of my dear friends in Dallas Sarah and Jessica. (Thanks sweet ladies!) So here we sit- missing everyone and hoping everyone knows where our hearts are. Jack was really looking forward to the trip and so was I! Both the pediatrican and my OB recommended I cancel the trip due to Jack and myself being high risk and because of the flu rate in TX. So Greg flew there alone today and notified me that the plane was half empty. Just our luck! However- I was reminded by many that the way back might not be as lucky! :) We still hope and pray Greg stays well. I had already given Miss Joy the week off for her trip to Canada so I stayed home with Jack today and will tomorrow also. Jack was excellent today. We had so much fun he skipped his second nap and was asleep by 6:30 which typically means he will not sleep past 5:00am tomorrow and might even wake up at 4:00am. Usually 10 hours is his max but sometimes we get lucky. Let's hope for my sake tomorrow is one of those lucky days! :) So- about Jack- He is so much fun right now! He has so many new words and surprises me each day with something new. He can tell you where his hair, head, eyes, nose, mouth, arms, legs, belly button, tummy, feet, and toes are. He also knows what sounds Lions, Monkeys, Elephants, Cows, Horses, Dogs, Cats, and sometimes Ducks make. He LOVES LOVES LOVES Elmo! He also loves Cookie Monster. He calls him "Cookie". He looked at me the other day and right before he came over to hug me he said "Ove You!" This means I Love You. My heart melted. He says this often when we say it but this was the first time on his own accord. He loves baths again and likes to lay on his tummy and hang out half the time. He has gotten much better about holding my hand when walking. He still loves to be outside and would spend the whole day outside if we would let him. He really likes to play in my make up while Greg and I get ready for work each morning. :) He also has a dance marathon at least once a day. The radio goes on and he dances his heart out. I have tried to capture him on video but the problem is just how he goes crazy for the camera he does the same for the video camera. He is really into books and enjoys learning new words. His favorite foods right now are peas and corn on the cobb. He also loves Blueberries, watermelons, and grapes. He also loves his friend Grace. He talks about her all the time! They hug when she leaves and she kisses him on the cheek. So cute! All in all he is growing up so quickly. He makes me stop and thank God every day for such a blessing. He is literally growing up before my eyes. There are times I just sit back and get so sad with tears of joy watching him interact and learn. It is amazing how a little 16 month old has taught me so much and continues to teach me more about the world, myself, and others each and every day. His innocence is precious to me. Ok- enough of the sappy post. I hope you enjoy the pictures of my blessing as much as I do! :) XOXOXOXOXO
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Our Little Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
He is so cute! love the watermelon combo. I hope i get to see this sweet guy again this year! you too! love yelda
Finn likes the make-up, too! Good to hear about you and Jack...have a good weekend.
HE is so so so cute! I can't get over his hair! Enjoy these precious moments. They really do grow up way too quickly!
Nichole these pictures are so cute of Jack! So adorable!
He is so cute! I am so sad too that you couldn't come to Dallas this past weekend. I really wanted to see you! But I totally understand. I would have done the same. Sounds like you had some great quality time with Jack though. Lets make a phone date soon and catch up. Love ya!!
He is so handsome! I can't wait to see him again and YOU!!! MIss you guys so much and can't wait to meet baby CLaire!! She will be just as Gorgeous as her momma!! love you!
Mister Jack is Handsome!
Post a Comment