My sweet baby boy! I love this little man's smile!

This past week my little guy really had a rough week. Halloween night Jack started not feeling well which traditionally leads to wheezing no matter how small the cold. By Sunday night he was doing breathing treatments at all hours during the night and sleeping in our bed because I wanted my hands on him to feel him breathing at all times. He couldn't catch his breath a few times. He threw up all over me while doing a treatment once during the night but I think it was the congestion combined with it all. The next day we took it easy and after the wheezing persisted and wouldn't go away with the typical remedies of xopenex back to back to back- we headed to the urgent care where they checked oxygen levels and then sent us directly to the Children's ER downtown. Jack was so good. He was there well past his bedtime (until almost 1:00 am) with Doctor's in and out every second. While they debated having us stay in over night to continue to be evaluated Jack did more breathing treatments and was taking oral steroids like no other. Finally after a Popsicle date, numerous songs and stories, what seemed like 50 episodes of Dora, and 17 doctors later- they agreed to let us leave with a close watch. Jack has still been on treatments and we have again seen the Pulmonologist with regular follow ups scheduled for the future along with a chest x ray and more allergy tests next week. So keep him in your prayers. He is doing great and hasn't skipped a beat. This is something we have dealt with since he was 12 weeks old. He is a trooper and it just hits him when he is around environmental factors: weather, dogs (certain breeds), smoke, and dust. Mainly it happens when he is getting a cold. The biggest thing we have been told is to hope he grows out of it which he probably will but for now to take extreme caution in all of these situations. The doctors explained that little ones really adapt to the wheezing or difficulty they are having breathing and while their body overcompensates they appear fine but could really crash fast. Jack is completely fine and doing perfect but this is why we can not ever take these things lightly with him and I have been told to continue to be a germ a phobe. Little Claire gets a cold for 24 hours and Jack will have it for 5 days and wheeze for 3 weeks. Anyway- please just think of him and continue to thank God that he is doing great and growing out of this soon! :)
Now- quick updates on my little girl... So my 9 month old daughter eats like a 2 year old. When I say this I literally mean she eats whatever Jack does. I would never have done this with Jack. It is so true how with your second you are much more relaxed. Yes she only has 2 teeth but she eats peas, bananas, waffles, pancakes, ravioli, spaghetti, lima beans, cheese quesadillas, burritos, she has had a few bites of Jack's Popsicle (I know I am terrible), bagels, apple sauce, black beans, corn, rice, yoplait yogurt not just yo baby, watermelon, pears, hashbrowns, chicken nuggets, a french fry or two, mashed potatoes, and squash. All of these items are the non baby food kind. I can't even believe I gave her all that. I would never do it to anyone else's child but honestly- she doesn't want her baby food when she sees Jack eating with his hands. I usually give her something to eat with her hands while I cram a jar of baby food veggies in her mouth while she is distracted. She is packing the pounds on and I am so fine with it. Jack was a chunky monkey and once he turned 2 or before he grew taller and thinned out. Now don't worry I am not planning to feed my child all fried food the french fries were a one time or two occasion and the chicken nuggets were not the fried part I tore out the white meat inside. Regardless don't judge! :) My baby is healthy and happy and that is good by me. :) Just had to diary on her eating. It makes me laugh! Love you all!




1 comment:
i love your posts, you always make me laugh! love you and Jackman is in my prayers. xoxo
Post a Comment